Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:16 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 grassroots 
 Post subject: grassroots
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:52 am 
Longtime Regular

As mentioned several times on this forum Glock+iPod and I have educated a good number of college age people who had never shot before. This involves some talking about safety, how firearms operate, safety, a trip to the range and a debriefing of sorts.

Last night I went to a small party for a friend who just came back from 6 months in Europe. She is one of our former students. One of her liberal friends was there, as well as her somewhat liberal boyfriend. She started telling a story about how after the Virginia Tech killings British people were coming up to her and asking if she thought that Americans should get better control of firearms.

So she started talking about how the 2nd amendment needs to be defended, or the government could simply take the 1st and other amendments.

I brought up the mass knife stabbings in Germany and UK (I think, there was two fairly recently). The liberal friend points out that the body counts don't compare. Our young student makes the point that you have to be crazy/disturbed to go out and try to kill someone. So I finished up the thought with it does not really matter what the tool is, crazy people should be outlawed.

Talking to people and taking them to the range can be very effective for our cause. You just have to keep them safe, a *little* bit of coaching to help them hit the target, and they will figure out what most of us here have figured out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.