Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Supressors in MN 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

yeah but imagine the length of the mag tube plug you'd have to put in for Geese and Ducks :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Why don't the cops tell your neighbor to quit calling them if it's legal?

fucamc wrote:
i think it would be great. i shoot out at my parents house alot and they live in a city with absolutly no gun ordances. its perfectly legal but every time the neihbors always call the cops on me. i always shoot in a safe direction. but i never fails i go shoot and then the cops show up. it would be nice to shoot and not have to waist my time and the local police time. i would be glad to help out, not to sure on how to go about getting them legal but if you need some help let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 pm 
Journeyman Member

JimC wrote:
Why don't the cops tell your neighbor to quit calling them if it's legal?

fucamc wrote:
i think it would be great. i shoot out at my parents house alot and they live in a city with absolutly no gun ordances. its perfectly legal but every time the neihbors always call the cops on me. i always shoot in a safe direction. but i never fails i go shoot and then the cops show up. it would be nice to shoot and not have to waist my time and the local police time. i would be glad to help out, not to sure on how to go about getting them legal but if you need some help let me know.

i really dont know i have asked them twice to go over and tell them but they just go the other way. i have even walked over to there house and talked to them but they still call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:37 am 
Longtime Regular

Hell, Plymouth has a gun club! Tell your nieghbor to F-Off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:05 am 
Longtime Regular

Suppressors are perfectly legal. It all depends on what you want to attach them to.

For example, for about $10, you could own a device purpose-meant to suppress sound, metallic, cylindrical, and right-sized for the job:

105-007-BR BRIGGS AND STRATTON MUFFLER 2 TO 4 HP

Hook it to a lawnmower, and no one will even think twice. Hook it to a gun, and you're looking at 10 years in the Federal jug.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:06 am 
Journeyman Member

mnglocker wrote:
Hell, Plymouth has a gun club! Tell your nieghbor to F-Off.

yeah i want to. plymouths gun club is a shotgun club no pistol range which really sucks cause i live in plymouth. my parents place is out in independence. i just have fun now out there when i go shooting we bring out all the toys. and really piss off the niehbor and shoot for a couple hours. pistols, shotguns and ill break out my dads old flintlock 50 cal. there yard is down in a valley so it sounds like a damn cannon is going off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:13 am 
Longtime Regular

No kidding? My parents reside in Independence also, the nieghbors don't care if I'm touching off 4" motars. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:18 am 
Journeyman Member

mnglocker wrote:
No kidding? My parents reside in Independence also, the nieghbors don't care if I'm touching off 4" motars. :twisted:

well you might have to come over and help me piss off the niehbors next time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

If anyone wants to put some effort into creating some talking points I think it would be greatly appreciated. I think we have a decent amount of interest, I hope we can put some action behind it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:05 pm 
Journeyman Member

well what i have been wondering is why excactly are supressors illegal in minnesota?? what is so diffrent from other states that they are legal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:35 pm 
Delicate Flower

fucamc wrote:
well what i have been wondering is why excactly are supressors illegal in minnesota?? what is so diffrent from other states that they are legal.

suppressors are evil............don't fit in with MN. nice :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:16 pm 

fucamc wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

if you need volunteers for the endeavor, i'm sure myself and some other upstanding forum members would be able to assist.?!?!?!?!

D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

this one is legal because the threads should be on the inside :o
chunkstyle wrote:
Suppressors are perfectly legal. It all depends on what you want to attach them to.

For example, for about $10, you could own a device purpose-meant to suppress sound, metallic, cylindrical, and right-sized for the job:

105-007-BR BRIGGS AND STRATTON MUFFLER 2 TO 4 HP

Hook it to a lawnmower, and no one will even think twice. Hook it to a gun, and you're looking at 10 years in the Federal jug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:07 pm 
Journeyman Member

Duane J wrote:
fucamc wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

if you need volunteers for the endeavor, i'm sure myself and some other upstanding forum members would be able to assist.?!?!?!?!

D

ill keep you in mind for the next time i go out there and shoot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:20 am 

I a new to the site and would like to express my excitement for finding this thread on suppressors. I was looking for other people who are interested in the legalization of such NFA items. If I can help please let me know.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.