Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SCCC National Conference 
 Post subject: SCCC National Conference
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:03 pm 

Tomorrow I leave for Washington DC to attend the First Annual National Conference for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. They are having quite a few interesting people there and should be a good time. I will try to take alot of pictures and report back with how everything went.

If you have nothing to do tomorrow, you can also watch it if you happen to have C-Span 3. If you don't, just go to C-Span's website, click live video/radio and click on the C-Span 3 link.

Here is the schedule (all times Eastern):
1:00-1:05 Opening Speech by SCCC Pres Michael Guzman
1:05-2:05 Debate between John Lott and Brady Campaign Pres Paul Helmke
2:05-2:50 Academic Panel David Mustard, Bob Cottrol, Joyce Lee Malcolm
2:50-3:35 State Legislators Who Have Sponsored Legislation
3:35-4:15 Student Panel Discussing Their Experiences
4:15-4:40 Awards Presentation
4:40-4:55 G. Gordon Liddy
4:55-5:00 Closing Statement by SCCC Pres Michael Guzman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:03 pm 

Oh and sorry if I put this thread in the wrong sub forum, wasnt exactly sure where it should have gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Have fun and good for you for pushing the issue. Give us a report after the weekend.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yup, it all looked good to me until I got to the part about 4:40 pm when some guy named G. Gordon Liddy is supposed to speak.

What is he going to do. Give a recruitment speech to college students on capturing delegates from a national political party and ship them off to Mexico so they can't vote?

Post subject: Liddy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:30 pm 

Disagree, I like Liddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:44 pm 
Forum Moderator

I'd love to see a 15 minute speech by G. Gordon, he's always good for a laugh. He may be crazy but he's fun; I wouldn't like him running the country but I'd love to have a drink with the guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:03 pm 

Yeah, it ended up being on CSpan 1. Was a great afternoon. G Gordon Liddy basically came in and talked some rediculous gibberish that really had nothing to do with SCCC but it was pretty halarious. Working on uploading pictures to my photobucket account. I think i'll post some tomorrow, im am absolutly to destroyed to try to do it right now. Walking from monument to monument, museum to museum, and trying to get it done all in one day sucks, and i dont recomend it to anyone. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 pm 
Journeyman Member

I wanted to go, however summer classes just wouldn't allow it. Maybe next year. Did you take advantage of their travel allowance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:59 pm 

teamgreen02 wrote:
I wanted to go, however summer classes just wouldn't allow it. Maybe next year. Did you take advantage of their travel allowance?

No because technically I had no receipts with monatary values on them. My dad used his extra credit card miles so the airfare was $0.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

16 minutes of video from c-span: http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/i ... d=280199-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm 

ok, here are a few pictures

John Lott with his statements

We got an anti to come! Paul Helmke with the Brady Campaign

David Mustard

Bob Cottrol

Joyce Lee Malcom

Alan Gottlieb Second Amendment Foundation Founder

Jason Murphy Oklahoma Rep (got the law to allow military students to be able to carry)

Ernest Wooton Louisiana Rep

Alan Gura Attorney in the Heller Case

Ken Stanton Virginia Tech Campus Leader

G Gordon Liddy (Speech was quite rediculous and non sensical at times)

And a link to the full 4 hours, in flash format: http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/i ... d=280199-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:14 pm 

And yes thats me in the white and brown polo at about the 1 minute mark in that video link. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm 
1911 tainted

atripp, thank you for your efforts and involvement on your dime, we really need this type of involvement on all levels.

Since you are in my area I would like to donate free permit to training classes, Minnesota, Utah, whatever. Yes I know you went through my class for your original Minnesota permit to carry, so would you consider a refund/donation from that class to help defer the cost of your activism trip.

PM me and the refund will be on the way from River Valley Training.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 pm 
The Man

Very cool.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:44 pm 

cobb wrote:
atripp, thank you for your efforts and involvement on your dime, we really need this type of involvement on all levels.

Since you are in my area I would like to donate free permit to training classes, Minnesota, Utah, whatever. Yes I know you went through my class for your original Minnesota permit to carry, so would you consider a refund/donation from that class to help defer the cost of your activism trip.

PM me and the refund will be on the way from River Valley Training.

Sending you a PM....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.