Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 No due process, just "common sense." 
 Post subject: No due process, just "common sense."
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:32 am 
Wise Elder

CSM wants to subject Minnesota gun owners to the "tattle on your neighbor" laws like those in Pennsylvania and Connecticut. This is from their web page and ties in with Rep. Thissen's plan to expand the mental health bases for denying firearms possession to YOU and any other Minnesotan because some Shrink doesn't like guns.

Quote:
Mental Health Experts: Guns and Depression Can Equal Death From Suicide

Public News Service - July 7, 2008
Manchester, NH - It's a simple step that could save lives, according to mental health experts. They want guns temporarily removed from the home when someone appears at risk for suicide. Dr. Mark Ciocca (see-OH-ka), one of the founders of the CALM (Counseling on Access to Lethal Means) program, says it's not a "gun control issue," just a common sense recommendation.

As if rope isn't widely available as a substitute. The older lady two houses down from me was perfectly capable of using it in 2002.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:03 am 
Longtime Regular

In other news, several people who actually DO have common sense, recommended that medications, rope, high places, vehicles, knives, sharp rocks, matches, flamable material, plastic bags, electricity, and law enforcement officers (suicide by cop) would also have to be removed from the environment of each individual who appeared to be suicidal. This would include all such material owned, possessed or controlled by the reporting individual, as anyone close enough to recognize suicidal ideation is also close enough to steal from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:11 am 
Longtime Regular

If you two don't get it; You may not be mentally qualified to ................

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Removing guns and adding trains is a good way to have us end up like Japan when it comes to suicide.

Trains are also used as a means to commit suicide. Its relative popularity is partly due to its practical ease, and to avoid causing a nuisance to one's family, though families are often charged or sued by the railway companies to compensate for the trouble caused by the accident. A typical suicide may cause delays between one and a few hours[citation needed] on one or more lines. The costs to the surviving families by the railway companies' "delay fee" is often in the 100 million yen range.[11]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 pm 

Gun owners who actually need the help of a mental health professional won't get it for fear of losing their rights.

It's a lose-lose scenario.

Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
Removing guns and adding trains is a good way to have us end up like Japan when it comes to suicide.

... The costs to the surviving families by the railway companies' "delay fee" is often in the 100 million yen range.[11]

Yikes!
Google Calculator wrote:
100 million Japanese yen = 914 000 U.S. dollars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Carbon Monoxide is another suicide method increasing in popularity over on the Asian subcontinent.

Supposedly it's a clean, relatively peaceful and painless way to go.

(I don't encourage, nor will I ever encourage one finding out for oneself. Just throwin' that out there.)

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

JoeH wrote:
Gun owners who actually need the help of a mental health professional won't get it for fear of losing their rights.

That is exactly what will happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:37 pm 

sigman wrote:
JoeH wrote:

exactly what is happening to our troops. rather then talking to someone and getting there head around what they went through they shut up, suck it up and deal with it for years just like dad and granddad did. The one guy I did know who went over and actually went through ambushes didn't seam right for about a year after getting back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 pm 

sigman wrote:
JoeH wrote:

Its happening in many professions. It can cost you a medical certificate if you're a pilot, possibly a security clearance, and possibly a medical if you're a truck driver. Rather than get help, just keep depressed so it doesn't show up on your medical history.

My Homebrew journal http://brew.goalie.cx

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.