Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sept. 9 primary in District 55A (Leon Lille) 
 Post subject: Sept. 9 primary in District 55A (Leon Lille)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:21 pm 
Wise Elder

State Rep. Leon Lille singlehandedly KILLED the Stand Your Ground bill this year.

After repeatedly telling TCC members that he would vote FOR the bill in Committee, he changed his vote at the last minute and caused a tie. This was part of a House DFL plan to kill the bill by scheduling another "yes" Representative's home district bill in another committee (allowing her to "take a walk") and pressuring Lille to change to a "no" vote. He was too weak to refuse. Thus the Stand Your Ground bill died in Committee for 2008.

Leon Lille needs to lose the primary. It turns out that he is challenged in a primary by a strong woman (Mayor of Maplewood and who took a Second Amendment Seminar as a law student) who is also pro-gun and very independent of the DFL establishment -- Diana Longrie.

District 55A is the west portion of North St. Paul and the NE portion of Maplewood.

An opportunity to get even with a spineless "friend."

Encourage your friends in District 55A to vote for DIANA LONGRIE in the September 9th legislative primary.

/s/ CCRN-PAC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:56 am 
Longtime Regular

I’ve posted this with my student list and many friends. Thanks for letting us know about these people. Even though I can’t vote against this guy I can certainly take a few minutes to pass the message.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

Too bad I'm in 55B :(

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 pm 
Wise Elder

Srigs wrote:
Too bad I'm in 55B :(

You must know people in 55A then. Call them. Get them out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:42 am 
Wise Elder

Bump

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.