Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Holster for G30 
 Post subject: Holster for G30
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:36 pm 
Journeyman Member

I'm looking for a suitable holster for my Glock 30.

I prefer to carry my pistol at the 9 o'clock position, grip facing forward. (Draw and fire with my right hand.) Also, I usually wear it on the inside of my pants. Don't know if my wear style seems wierd to anyone, but that's what is most comfortable for me.

I usually just stick it in and sinch my belt down really tight and it stays put pretty well, althought there have been a couple times where it has slid (slowly) all the way down my pant leg. I have full confidence in the internal safeties of the Glock and am not too concerned about a resulting discharge. But I can't tell you how wierd it looks sticking my hand down my pants trying to resituate it. I also want to avoid unnecessary exposure.

Anybody have any suggestions for this set up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:51 am 
Longtime Regular

The crossdraw position has a lot going for it in the real world, especially, in my opinion, comfort and accessibility while seated in a car. It's kind of too bad it's not allowed in IPSC or IDPA, due to the drawn weapon's muzzle covering about 270 degrees.

I like the <a href="http://www.clipdraw.com/">ClipDraw</a>, it'll at least keep the gun from going down your pants. Though I gotta say, I think a real holster's a better idea, especially for a gun with no safety (or the safety on the trigger, which seems to me like the same thing).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:54 am 

Please do not carry a Glock without a holster that covers the trigger guard completely.

As for a holster, the Comp-Tac C-TAC would likely fit the bill just fine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Holster for G30
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:14 am 
The Man

edschminke wrote:
I'm looking for a suitable holster for my Glock 30.

I prefer to carry my pistol at the 9 o'clock position, grip facing forward. (Draw and fire with my right hand.) Also, I usually wear it on the inside of my pants. Don't know if my wear style seems wierd to anyone, but that's what is most comfortable for me.

I usually just stick it in and sinch my belt down really tight and it stays put pretty well, althought there have been a couple times where it has slid (slowly) all the way down my pant leg. I have full confidence in the internal safeties of the Glock and am not too concerned about a resulting discharge. But I can't tell you how wierd it looks sticking my hand down my pants trying to resituate it. I also want to avoid unnecessary exposure.

Anybody have any suggestions for this set up?
Oh, that's pretty easy -- many of the custom holster makers will do a crossdraw IWB. In fact, depending on what angle you like, and other factors, a standard righthand IWB may work for you, just putting it on the other side.

I'm envious. With my little, TRex arms, crossdraw wouldn't be an option even without the belly in the way.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

goalie wrote:
Please do not carry a Glock without a holster that covers the trigger guard completely.

I second both thoughts. I've mentioned here my nervousness about the ClipDraw, which comes down to feeling like I'm really depending on the thumb safety of my 1911 (It's just so darn handy). At this moment, as it happens, my whole world view is much more serene with my 1911 securely anchored in the CTAC on my belt. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 pm 
The Man

Pat Cannon wrote:
goalie wrote:

I second both thoughts. I've mentioned here my nervousness about the ClipDraw, which comes down to feeling like I'm really depending on the thumb safety of my 1911 (It's just so darn handy). At this moment, as it happens, my whole world view is much more serene with my 1911 securely anchored in the CTAC on my belt. :)
I've had a ClipDraw on my Kimber Pro Carry, and the way it sat, the entire triggerguard was covered by both my pants and my belt.

Still, I'm more comfortable with it in my ARG.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

Bianchi sells an IWB holser that I use for my Kahr P9. You can adjust the cant of the gun by loosening a screw. It's a pretty nice holster, although I hardly wear it. Not comfortable for me. Anyway, it rides reasonably high. Unfortunately, I don't know the model. Only know that I got it on a discount from Sportsmans Warehouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
I've had a ClipDraw on my Kimber Pro Carry, and the way it sat, the entire triggerguard was covered by both my pants and my belt.

Yeah, it's fine when in place, I'm just a little paranoid about snagging the trigger on bunched-up shirttail or something while 'holstering' or adjusting the gun.

joelr wrote:
Still, I'm more comfortable with it in my ARG.

So you know what I mean. :) I looked up the ARG — nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:37 pm 
Journeyman Member

I carry my G30 strongside in a Don Hume H721 O.T. Open Top. Good workmsnship, and I like the bodyshield for when I wear it under a loose shirt. Of course, the forward cant would make it unsuitable for cross-draw, but you might look at the The Partner Crosss Draw for your needs.

http://www.donhume.com/Products/Product ... umber=41-1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:30 am 

When I took the #350 Pistol course at Gunsite, a Deputy Sherrif from AK with 15 years on the job shot himself in the leg on the first day. The trigger of his Glock 21 cought on his bunched up shirt as he was holstering up after a drill. I normally carry a Glock of some type. With that incident in mind, the thought of a Clipdraw, or no holster at all, wouldn't work for me. Holsters are like wallets, purses, etc. There's lots of choices out there! I use this story in my class when we talk about modes of carry.

Don

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.