Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Holster for XD9 4" 
 Post subject: Re: Holster for XD9 4"
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Q_Continuum wrote:
ree wrote:

The Serpa is what I intend to use for any open carry I might ever do with the XD. I don't know how people conceal with the Blackhawk CQC holsters. But it seems to be a great open carry holster.

Slight gut, and a 5.11 Covert Casual shirt 1 size too big. Dunno how well it's gonna work when I lose the gut, though.

Loose shirt, and if people see the bottom edge they just presume it's a cell phone/PDA holder these days. Heck, nobody really looks at me funny when I OC with it, either...

Yep, loose, button down long or short sleeve Carhartt 'work shirt' works well.

Same for me when I OC. I get a few questions here and there, but nobody has freaked out, dove for cover and/or screamed "MWAG" or called 911, yet. 8)

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 pm 

I have the 3" XD9 and love my Supertuck.

I had the pleasure of not knowing anyone that carried when I got my permit and pistol (well, I did know people that carried, but didn't know that they carried). So I set out to learn what I could on my own. I was happy with my decision of a pistol, the XD, but no one I talked to was willing to give satisfactory advice on a holster. Everyone I talked to said "everyone's different, you have to find what works for you." True indeed, but I wasn't finding anyone volunteering to let me try on different holsters to see what I thought was comfortable. When I heard about the Supertuck, I gave them a shot because they said they'd take it back within two weeks, no questions asked. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's worth a try since you can send it back if it doesn't work for you.

Out of the box, it was a bit uncomfortable, but with just a little adjusting, it's very comfortable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:34 pm 

Thanks onesimus, and everyone else for the advice. I actually have two holsters right now, a blackhawk serpa and a IWB Galco walkabout. I really like the Serpa holster with the paddle, but to conceal I need a jacket over it. I'm thinking about trying out the supertuck because of the limited ability to adjust the walkabout (which is fairly comfortable when in place, but it shifts really easily--it was cheap though :wink: ).

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.