Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Holster Angle 
 Post subject: Holster Angle
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:16 pm 

I have been looking for a much less slanted belt holster, I have a very hard time rotating my wrist far enough to fully grasp the weapon and retrieve it with out looking like I'm having a fit of some type. Any suggestions of manufacturers ? I usually carry a Glock 27. Thanks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome to the forum first of all.

Question for you. What angle is it now and where is it located on your body?

Most holster are zero degree cant (angle) or a FBI cant (15 degrees) forward. I have some that are zero straight up and down or FBI depending on type and where it is located.

I use a couple different holster makers myself. Bianchi and Highnoon Holsters. Most of my OWB holsters are Bianchi with a 15 degree forward cant and half of my IWB Highnoon holsters are zero or FBI.

If you holster is behind the hip, you can have a harder time grabbing the gun due to it is further behind. I generally carry from 2 to 4 o'clock postions on the strong side.

Hope this helps. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

The Blackhawk Serpa holsters (available for Glocks almost everywhere) have adjustable cant. Cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:17 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Andrew Rothman wrote:
The Blackhawk Serpa holsters (available for Glocks almost everywhere) have adjustable cant. Cool.

Yeah - thy do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

As for me - Straight up and down is the way.... Tried rearward cant once - didn't like that at all.

There are any number of ways to carry - all that matters is safety

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:17 pm 

One nice thing about choosing a Glock is the number of holster chioces there is. I agree that the Blackhawk Serpa is a great choice. The Michaels of Oregon (Uncle Mikes) Kydex holsters also have a straight drop, and may be more available here in the cities. Now that Blade-Tech isn't the only "kydex" game in town anymore, I've noticed some of their prices coming down, so there's anlther choice.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.