Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Tailor 
 Post subject: Tailor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:31 am 
Longtime Regular

Does anyone have any recommendations for some mens clothing stores that are gun friendly in fitting clothing to help conceal?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Mens Wearhouse
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:07 am 
Activist Extraordinaire

mens wearhouse is extremely helpful.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Men's Wearhouse near Ridgedale was quite accommodating
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:35 am 

I needed to have my suit slacks sized to include room for an IWB holster. Though I left my sidearm locked in the car, I did have the holster attached for proper spacing. They were curious, but were happy to help make sure it was done right.

Post subject: Re: Men's Wearhouse near Ridgedale was quite accommodating
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

dancar wrote:
I needed to have my suit slacks sized to include room for an IWB holster. Though I left my sidearm locked in the car, I did have the holster attached for proper spacing. They were curious, but were happy to help make sure it was done right.

Dancar, which "they" is this? Men's Wearhouse, again?

I'm pretty convinced that everyone should own a "red gun" trainer for their carry guns, for practice, for loaning to custom holster makers, and for shopping for pants!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:01 pm 
Forum Moderator

Matt Payne wrote:
dancar wrote:
I'm pretty convinced that everyone should own a "red gun" trainer for their carry guns, for practice, for loaning to custom holster makers, and for shopping for pants!

There has to be good (well, some) money in a business selling accurate one-peice plastic trainers for that purpose.

I know some gun makers make dummies for holster makers and others make trainers for training purposes, but does anyone make a wide variety of them, especially for unusual or "obsolete" guns for purchase by the general public?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:22 pm 
Journeyman Member

I've had good luck with both Men's Wearhouse and Nate's over on 1st Ave in Minneapolis. The gun wasn't loaded when the fitting was going on and no one blinked.

tony

"Those that give up Freedom for security, will soon have no freedom or security"

Ben Franklin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:41 pm 

Matt, the "they" I referred to were the Men's Wearhouse tailor and sales person, who both assisted in marking the slacks at the fitting.

Matt Payne wrote:
dancar wrote:

Dancar, which "they" is this? Men's Wearhouse, again?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:39 pm 

mobocracy wrote:
Matt Payne wrote:
dancar wrote:

There has to be good (well, some) money in a business selling accurate one-peice plastic trainers for that purpose.

I know some gun makers make dummies for holster makers and others make trainers for training purposes, but does anyone make a wide variety of them, especially for unusual or "obsolete" guns for purchase by the general public?

MN based http://www.letargets.com/html/training.html is a good start. You can just Google under training guns, but unusual ones will be tough. New guns are also an issue, no Kydex for SIG 229 SAS DAK, just too new and I was not willing to mail mine into them

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:07 pm 
First-time poster

On the opposite end of the state (and across the river), Halberstadt's in the West Acres Mall (Fargo ND) has been CCW-friendly on two seperate occasions in the past year. For another couple weeks, they're having a moving sale as well (picked up a nice Perry Ellis specimen, 450 regular, less than 200 OTD).

Post subject: Simulated guns
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:56 am 

Ring Manufacturing has a very cost effective line of molded plastic firearms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:05 pm 
On time out

I had no trouble with Nordstroms at the mall or Daytons downtown MPLS that was before the take over by the new owners. At Nordstrom the tailor was clearly more at ease with it than i was and was also able to offer some suggestions regarding adding some extra wear material and fiting to make the gun hide better. With that suit in fact I need to wear a gun or it hangs a bit funny. That suit just makes the Comander disappear.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.