Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:23 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Are IWBs supposed to hurt? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

...and believe me, goalie gets some strange looks when he walks into a room and asks everyone to strip.

It's okay, folks, he's a trained medical professional; it's nothing he hasn't seen before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:29 am 
On time out

I think there are just some body types that do not accept IWB. I have a bianci, galco and sparks IWB and none of the are comfortable, some are better than others, but not better than owb, FOR ME> every one will say different, but my body and my wardrobe, they do not work

Post subject: IWB HOLSTERS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:24 pm 
First-time poster

I have used Alessi talon holsters for the last 15 years or so, starting with one for a Walther PPK/S, then an S&W .380, then an S&W 4516, and lastly for a Glock 36. I liked all except for the last one; it holds the Glock up way too high. I now use a Don Hume gun belt, a spring clip on the Glock and a trigger block, therefore no holster at all. This has been the most comfortable combination I have ever had. The gun sits very low and cants to the rear. Because there is no holster to add width, the IWB carry is extremely comfortable and I have had no problems with the gun "squirting" out the top when I sit. I do not recommend this carry for everyone, and without the trigger block for the Glock it would be extremely dangerous, but it works very well for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:59 am 
Journeyman Member

Have been a BIG Alessi fan since i got my first talon clip approx. 12yrs ago. Can't say i've had any discomfort with any of them, except for the time when i broke the clip (operator error :x ) and had to send it back to Lou for a quick fix. And quick it was; had it back in 72hrs.

I always recommend Lou's stuff to anyone who's interested in cc. Quality products, five star service and reasonably priced. Wish he had a local outlet.

NRA Life
JFPFO Life
GOA Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:32 am 

Similar to the C-tack, but less expensive is the Crossbreed. I have a super tuck that works well for my Taurus J-frame (is that mixing makers?) and an adjustable for my Springfield Champion 1911. It does take a couple days of wearing them until they mold to you, but then you don't even think about them being there. You can see them at www.crossbreedholsters.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.