Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pocket Carry 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:43 pm 

New to pocket carry and revolvers, Just picked up a used S&W 37 and thinking about pocket carry, What are the requirements of a holster for pocket carry? Would a revolver print more or less if the cylinder didnt have covering over the cylinder? I am thinking of a holster that covers the barrel from the muzzle to the front of the cylinder and then down under the cylinder and covers the trigger guard.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:09 am 
The Man

About the same as the requirements for any other holster -- stability and covering the trigger. I don't know of a holster like the one that you describe, but all of the pocket holsters I've used do fine when it comes to preventing printing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:09 am 
Longtime Regular

Rem700 wrote:
New to pocket carry and revolvers, Just picked up a used S&W 37 and thinking about pocket carry, What are the requirements of a holster for pocket carry? Would a revolver print more or less if the cylinder didnt have covering over the cylinder? I am thinking of a holster that covers the barrel from the muzzle to the front of the cylinder and then down under the cylinder and covers the trigger guard.

I have not found one like this and I would be concerned about the cylinder getting hung up on the "hole" when you pull it. You will need to try various holsters until you find one you like and choose pants that have more room in the pocket and a pocket that is independant of the outside material helps drape the bulge. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:28 am 

I have not found one like this and I would be concerned about the cylinder getting hung up on the "hole" when you pull it. You will need to try various holsters until you find one you like and choose pants that have more room in the pocket and a pocket that is independant of the outside material helps drape the bulge. :D[/quote]

To what hole are you referring? The reason no one has seen one of this type is it hasnt been made yet. Thus the reason for ?s before buliding a prototype. Just figured my biggest perceived print issue being the cylinder why cover it with extra material and make it wider yet.
I am laid off from work and looking for projects to occupy my time.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.