Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 New carry permit here !!! 
 Post subject: New carry permit here !!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm 

Got it in the mail on day 31. I applied downtown mpls. I need a holster now for my glock 23. Last week I purchased a kel-tec P3-AT for pocket carry. Put 25 rounds through it right out of the box with no probs. Cant wait to find a good iwb for my glock though. I'm very happy that I took the time to get my carry permit. I find myself way more aware of my surrounding now. Thanks to the forum for responding to my previous posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Congradulation..................can't help on the holster other than I use a Blade-Tech Inside the Waistband (IWB) holster for my G30....and I love it!

Post subject: Glock 23 Holster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:57 pm 

I too am looking for a good IWB for my 23. Check the Holster forum. There are a few tips there. I haven't yet tried any though.

Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:04 pm 
On time out

Good for you. And good luck out there; may you never be in a situation where you have to use those tools.

My P3AT's ride in a K-RAT ambidexterous pocket holster (for sale here), mainly because the price is right, and I do switch which pocket I'm carrying in at times. Have also heard raves about the 2-1 Convertible.

Haven't been IWB shopping for my GLOCK 21 yet. Maybe a C-TAC or something... I do have a Blackhawk CQC w/SERPA OWB, so I'd be all ready for open carry with that retention system :D But I'd better stop rambling. Welcome to the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:56 pm 
Journeyman Member

Alessi for IWB. Mika for the pocket. This from a guy who's thrown out more holsters than he ever had guns. Profit from my mistakes. (no charge, lol)

NRA Life
JFPFO Life
GOA Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:58 pm 

Congratulations! www.rigrate.com has some user comments. I like Milt Sparks VersaMax II IWB as well as Gary Brommeland's MaxConV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:13 pm 
1911 tainted

gunthorp wrote:
Congratulations! www.rigrate.com has some user comments. I like Milt Sparks VersaMax II IWB as well as Gary Brommeland's MaxConV.

I have the same recommendation except in reverse order. I much prefer the MaxCon V with the VersaMax II running a close second.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:46 am 
Longtime Regular

Congrats and welcome to the forum. :)

What I have found is to have multiple ways to carry each gun. Like you glock would be good to have OWB and IWB. For my Kel-tec, I have pocket holster and IWB. This will give you many ways to carry for different type of weather and dress.

For IWB, I have found that www.highnoonholsters.com can't be beat. I have 3 different models a Mr Softy for my Kel-tec P32, Split Decision for my Kel-tec P11 and a Bare Asset for my SW 6946 (medium size gun).

There are a ton of good OWB holsters out there. I use an Uncle Mikes #4 for my pocket carry for the Kel-tecs.

Hope this helps! Keep asking questions. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:12 am 
Forum Moderator

I highly recommend rmholsters for a Glock.

http://rmholsters.com

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:27 am 

For my Glocks my favorites are Blade-Tech, Michaels of Oregon, and Blackhawk. In my humble opinion, holsters are like pizzas-everyone has their favorites, and there's no such thing as a bad pizza!

Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Oh, no. There are certainly bad, bad holsters.

DonL wrote:
For my Glocks my favorites are Blade-Tech, Michaels of Oregon, and Blackhawk. In my humble opinion, holsters are like pizzas-everyone has their favorites, and there's no such thing as a bad pizza!

Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:13 pm 
Journeyman Member

I've had Brommeland's Maxcon V for my 1911 for a couple years now, and really like it. I recently got a Maxcon V for my new 4" XD and like it even more. Maybe cuz it's new, maybe it just works better. I have gone to a 12+1, double-stack pistol and didn't lose any concealability. Now... the spare magazine is a different story- that side-by-side is chubby compared to a 1911 mag.

Either way- you won't go wrong with a MaxCon. Or, for that matter any of the other well-known custom makers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Oh, no. There are certainly bad, bad holsters.

DonL wrote:

Don

Yes indeed. I remember seeing a guy at an IDPA match (his first I'm sure) draw his gun from from a nylon clip-on holster -- or rather I should say, draw the gun AND the holster, 'cause it came right off his belt and he was pointing it at the target. That'd be a needless distraction in a hurried self-defense situation, to say the least!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat, that happened to me with a Fobus paddle holster. It fit the gun well, I THOUGHT!! Perhaps a little too well.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:54 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Fobus IMHO is not a great holster - I have one for my CZ75 - guess what? I cannot draw from it at all. I actually tore my pants while trying to draw from it.

I tend to stick to the Blackhawk Holsters - when I go to Front Sight I use a holster wihtout the SERPA retainer - I use the plain old CQC - this is a really nice holster for the money and the option to carry with or without the Paddle was a great selling point.

When you get a CCW Permit - you are an official HOLSTER COLLECTOR.

I cannot tell you how many of them I have bought used over the years off of other holster collectors - actually there is one Miami Classic that I had owned more than 3 times - Every time I made money on it.

I hated that thing.

Then I got smart (or practical)

I carry firing hand either IWB or hip holster in public it is the CQC Serpa with a 5.11 vest over it or a sweater or something..... NEver exposed unless while at a range.....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.