Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Funny arrest video 
 Post subject: Funny arrest video
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:57 am 
Longtime Regular

[liveleak]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=442_1243907824[/liveleak]

At the end when they tase him and he says "I am defending myself in favor of that!" and runs away it is pure comedy gold.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:53 pm 
Poet Laureate

The singing arrestee... mildly amusing! At first he sounded rational, and had my sympathies here:

Citizen: "What is the charge? What are you arresting me for?"
Officer: "There is a warrant."
Citizen: "What is the charge?"
Officer: "It doesn't matter!"

Huh? It doesn't matter??? :shock:
What am I missing here? If there's a warrant out for arrest, does it not have a charge? Do police just get a big red bar on their screens that say, "WARRANT EXISTS, ARREST JOHN SMITH"?

After that initial segment though, he lost all credibility when he started praising the Lord and burst into song. I'm very much in support of that activity, if it's your desire, but on the street in the midst of an arrest is hardly the circumstance! :lol:

How did he up and run away in the midst of (and subsequent to) the tasering? Doesn't that make you go all limp? There are some on this board who have been tased... How did he scamper off?

Funny to see him go though! :lol:
Zoom! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Actually, they do give him a reason, but the cop mumbles it at :21. Something about lying to the police maybe?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:18 pm 

Carbide Insert wrote:

How did he up and run away in the midst of (and subsequent to) the tasering? Doesn't that make you go all limp?

This is the part I don't understand either. It's almost as if he fought through the taser and just kept going. I've never been tased but have seen many many videos of it and I've never seen anyone escape the taser. Unless maybe the probes didn't make full contact and he didn't get the shock or maybe he got a reduced shock. Any other thoughts on that?
I bet that whole thing would have been over a whole lot quicker if someone hadn't been standing there taping the whole thing. They would have used a LOT more force to cuff him then what they did and I bet they would have tased him a lot quicker to gain compliance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

You guys just don't understand the power of "The Name". :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

For the Taser to be full-body effective, there needs to be a gap of several inches between the probes. Otherwise, you get what you just saw.

The cop should've left the dart cartridge on, then he could've stuck the probes, and then moved the handheld "gun" to a different part of this guy's body. That woulda worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Or maybe they had enough of his crap and decided they didn't want to deal with him through the booking process.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Or maybe they had enough of his crap and decided they didn't want to deal with him through the booking process.

I think I would take that over: My partner and I can't control one non-violent crazy guy with an arrest warrant - even though we have the taser out - on national TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:33 pm 

What's frightening to me is that there are people out there that would feel compassion for this screw-ball. When the cops tell you you're under arrest, put your damn hands behind your back, go to jail and call your lawyer. The street is not the place to try and turn yourself into a friggen martyr.

I can't tell you how much I loath people like the "Don't tase me, bro" guy.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:50 pm 
Poet Laureate

pablobear wrote:
When the cops tell you you're under arrest, put your damn hands behind your back, go to jail and call your lawyer.

You forgot the most important part in between hands and going to jail:
Silence! It's your friend! :D

pablobear wrote:
The street is not the place to try and turn yourself into a friggen martyr.

I disagree with you there. It's probably the best possible place to become a martyr. Well, that and refusing Bubba's "proposal" for a little man-love once they've taken you to jail... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:07 am 

Yahweh!

I didn't expect the guy to just get up and run away! And even more....the cops don't really even give chase.

That gave me a good laugh...thanks Dean!

Post subject: Run Away?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:07 pm 

I'm thinking thhis is a bunch of Actors. The police officers let a camera man stand by and film this at close range? Zooming in and out with a camera? Warrant out for the guy and they let him get away? Looks like a SNL skit to me. FUNNY!

Steve

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nah, I think it's real. Dude took off like a bat out of hell, the officers grabbed their mics right away. My guess is that had we seen the continued footage, it would be the officers getting into their squad and pursuing him.

Looks like lower-budget TV show (Street Patrol, or even older COPS, etc.) footage to me.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Do you think he made that song up on the spot?

There were a couple Dylanesque turns of phrase there that I thought were pretty clever.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I'd like to see some footage of this.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:44 pm 

HOMICIDE: NONE

ASSAULTS:
ASLT2
18XX Plymouth Av N Thursday 05-28-09 01:05 hrs 09-159415
AP1/Funches, Juanita–BF 20 yrs. w/black revolver, AP2/Roland, Martize-BM 23 yrs./drunk w/black revolver and AP3/Woodard IV, James-BM 24 yrs./drunk were all detained by Officers. AP1 withdrew a gun from her bra and handed it to AP2 so he could shoot V1/BM-16 yrs. during a heated argument. W1 has a baby w/AP2 – her ex-boyfriend. V1 was trying to prevent her from being abused by AP2. AP3, in the end, had the gun looking for V1 as well. V1 fled and hiding in bushes until MPD arrived.

It's been a Quiet week in the 4th.
The 4th has Produced 115 guns so far this year.
1,2,3,&5 have only Produced 108 total so far this year.

Wonder what she pulled out . . . 38?

Steve

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.