Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Please tell me about the XD9 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
Take a look at the S&W M&P 9 ... it has a heavy slide which eats the snap right out of a 9mm and shoots very nice for me.

I don't think the slide is any heavier (but it could be). I think what makes the M&P have less perceived recoil is that the bore axis sits much lower in your hand than almost any other auto.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:49 pm 

Thanks for all the excellent input. In the end, I couldn't pass up the GSSF deal that Glock offers(thanks rtk). I have a Glock 19(Compensated) on order from Streicher's for $420. If it wasn't for saving ~$100, I would have purchased the XD 9.

"Undoubtedly some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."--Justice Scalia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:58 pm 

mnmike59 wrote:
Have you considered the xd M9? or M40? 19 + 1 capacity
I have the XDM and it's an awesome gun other than the issue of releasing the mags when there 1/2 full or more. With time they break in and release much easier.
They have a match barrel. What difference that makes is not known to me. I'm not an experienced enough shooter in competition to know the difference. Someone else on this forum can chime in and explain that.
I own a Glock G34 that I plan on using for competition because the XD has me a little worried about speed loading. With more time I'm sure I will have gained confidence with the XDM and will use it in comps.
I carry an XD45 compact daily and love this gun. The safety on the backstrap adds a little security when using for a daily carry sidearm.

How do you like your XD45 compact? I've currently got the XD40sub, and love it for my daily carry. I'd really like to add the XD45 to my 'arsenal' (lol).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:59 pm 

TLRSKUNK wrote:
I own 2 if that says anything I love them. and so does my wife. probably buying 2 more in th next year just because.
i have xd40 service and xd9sc now want to buy a tactical 45 and a tactical 9.
I also need a carry gun so maybe xd40sc or if not a 3in 1911 in 9mm

IMHO, I think the XD40sc is a great daily carry. I carry every day, IWB, and find it doesn't imprint much. Reliability has never been an issue for me (over 2k rounds), and accuracy hasn't ever been an issue either. Just my $.02

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:00 pm 

aypstony wrote:
Thanks for all the excellent input. In the end, I couldn't pass up the GSSF deal that Glock offers(thanks rtk). I have a Glock 19(Compensated) on order from Streicher's for $420. If it wasn't for saving ~$100, I would have purchased the XD 9.

That's a heck of a price. I was able to grab my XD40 3" sc for $399 a little over a year ago. Great price, great sidearm....

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.