Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:51 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My book, "Handgun Basics," is out! 
 Post subject: Re: Thanks for all the support
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dave Matheny wrote:
"Brilliant, insightful. . . a roller-coaster ride of thrills, chills, and good solid information! Couldn't put it down!" .

Maybe I’ll wait for a review of a reader from "target audience" :lol:

Post subject: Re: Thanks for all the support
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:53 pm 
The Man

Dave Matheny wrote:
To be a little more specific: I approached Tim today at the show carrying a copy of the contract, just in case he was going to dispute its contents.

Instead, he greeted me with a cheery, "Hi Dave! I have a check for you." (Being a former newspaper reporter, I never put words inside quotation marks that are anything but exact quotes.)

However, the check wasn't actually in his possession, and of course there is the matter of my name not being on the cover. He said they plan to add stickers to the front cover of each book naming me as the author.

He also said that Joe Olson has a "document" he wants me to sign. Presumably that's something that transfers copyright to AACFI. (Which would seem unnecessary, because the contract already says AACFI gets the copyright upon final payment.)

So, I dunno. Tim is supposed to call me on Monday.

As for reviewing the book, I agree with Joel that it really ought to be done by anybody but me.

Still, Something along the lines of, "Brilliant, insightful. . . a roller-coaster ride of thrills, chills, and good solid information! Couldn't put it down!" would not be far from the mark.

Hey, as long as you don't get "threatens to become a series" (part of my first PW review), or the apocryphal (I hope) "takes up a much-needed space in the literature."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The matter is resolved, happily
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

I met Tim Grant today and he gave me a check for the final $2,000 (and a whole box full of books).

All that remains is for my name to be added to the front cover, presumably in the form of a sticker.

So I feel it's been happily resolved, especially when the stickers have been applied.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.