Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 New SPAM from Dad in Texas 
 Post subject: New SPAM from Dad in Texas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

My dad likes to spam his contact list with various things. This one is closer to my home than his (considering he lives in TX)

Joe, is this your writing and if so... when did you write it? :D
Quote:
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Democrats: 19 Republicans: 29
Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million Republicans: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1
Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years. If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

He didn't.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:26 pm 
The Man

It's wise -- and cynical -- enough to be Joe. Whether it is or not, I dunno.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New SPAM from Dad in Texas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

I doubt Joe wrote it. He'd know that this part, at least was 180 degrees from the truth:

tepin wrote:
"In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

In reality, the Feds make money flow from Blue areas to Red ones, mostly through military spending, but also road subsidies, agricultural subsidies, and many other things. States like Illinois, California, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Massachusetts are cash cows for DC. It's then spent in places like Alabama, South Carolina, Wyoming, Kansas, and Alaska.

What most call "welfare" (AFDC, food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, section 8 housing) only takes up a low-single digit percentage of Federal spending. (Last I looked into it, it was about 4%)

The vast majority of Federal spending funded through general taxes and deficit borrowing is spent on the military and police powers of the government itself. The Department of "Energy" is about 90% dedicated to making nuclear weapons. NASA is about 50% military. DoD and DVA are of course 100% military. Education funds much military research. Justice runs prisons, courts, ICE, and the FBI. Treasury, the IRS (which of course has police powers), BATF, Customs, and the Secret Service. My brother in law is a Federal LEO, working for the Bureau of Mines, Department of Interior. Transportation, the Coasties and the air marshals.
Even the Post Office has its own cops, one of whose tasks is to watch the Internet. Of course now there is a Department of Homeland Security, and a good deal of the pretense has been removed with the name change.

The fact is that the national security state consumes most of the budget, and its principal mission is to make sure its exercise of power is not interfered with.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

This has been covered on this forum at least twice previously (second instance), and no, he did not write this

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'll pass the word that, yet another chain letter found on the net was bullshit. Shocking. :o

Post subject: Re: New SPAM from Dad in Texas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:

What most call "welfare" (AFDC, food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, section 8 housing) only takes up a low-single digit percentage of Federal spending. (Last I looked into it, it was about 4%)

I count about $1.5 trillion. $900 billion if you don't count social security. That's a bit more than 4%.

That's wikipedia numbers. I've seen more solid figures. I'll find those tomorrow.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.