Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:59 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hi all, new to the forum but not to guns or to CCW 
 Post subject: Hi all, new to the forum but not to guns or to CCW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:50 am 

Hi all, i am a minnesota transplant who now is a resident of SD, but i live / work overseas. when i did live in Minnesota i had a carry permit for a while but i let it lapse, this was pack when they were one year and you only had to be 18 to get one. Any how i would like to get a non res permit to carry for minnesota. my folks live in washington county and from what i read WC has got a gun friendly sheriff now.

thank you for having me
Travis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:02 am 

I'm a recent transplant to MN and asked before moving where best to get a permit as a non-resident. The overwhelming answer was "Washington Co." If anything has changed, I'm sure others here will chime in, but I believe that is still a safe bet.

Welcome to the forum!

"It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:41 am 

I am a non-resident as well. My wife and I got our permits through Washington county, and we were pleased with the quick turn-around on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome to the forum.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 pm 

yeah washington county is very good about there turn around times i got mine in 5 business days i think the longest time i have heard of from washington county has been about 13 days. sheriff Hutton is a pretty pro gun guy he has no problem issuing permits. welcome to the forum

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.