Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I are a artist, too 
 Post subject: Re: I are a artist, too
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:49 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Well, forget the drawing -- now I'm really impressed! ;)

Dave Matheny wrote:
My other claim to fame?

I once operated one of the doors on the Mystery Science Theater 3000 door-opening sequence. (They were a little short of help that day.)

Awww, it was nothin'. Just pulled the lever when they told me to. Seriously, though, it was great to be a part of that while it lasted.

And thanks, Dean. I'll tell Jean you said so.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:57 am 
Longtime Regular

BurritoButt wrote:
Dave Matheny wrote:
As it happens, I am pretty well employed at present writing and illustrating for an aviation publication, the EAA's Sport Pilot and Light Sport Aircraft magazine.

Hey, I get those mags! I'll have to keep an eye out for your stuff.

It comes under the heading "Lessons Learned." Every month I have an article and an illustration about some blunder that somebody (usually me) made and what can be learned from it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:21 am 

Dave Matheny wrote:
BurritoButt wrote:
Dave Matheny wrote:
As it happens, I am pretty well employed at present writing and illustrating for an aviation publication, the EAA's Sport Pilot and Light Sport Aircraft magazine.

It comes under the heading "Lessons Learned." Every month I have an article and an illustration about some blunder that somebody (usually me) made and what can be learned from it.

I really like that column! I guess that I never paid much attention to the author's name. Very cool! Keep up the good work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:33 am 
Longtime Regular

BurritoButt wrote:
Dave Matheny wrote:
BurritoButt wrote:
Dave Matheny wrote:

I really like that column! I guess that I never paid much attention to the author's name. Very cool! Keep up the good work.

Thanks. Don't feel like you're in a minority, though. I wrote and illustrated for the Strib a very long time, and few readers ever noticed my byline or anybody else's. It doesn't help that the modern trend in layout for all magazines seems to be to put the author's name in tiny, grayed-out type.

But it doesn't matter much either way, because, as I said, few people notice bylines anyway. Signing the art is another matter, and more people do see the name in that case.

I do think we have some pretty serious off-topic thread drift here, so if the High Sheriffs of TCCarry want to move this somewhere else on the forum, that's fine with me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:59 am 
Longtime Regular

Dave Matheny wrote:
I do think we have some pretty serious off-topic thread drift here, so if the High Sheriffs of TCCarry want to move this somewhere else on the forum, that's fine with me.

Oh good point. I guess we were all so bedazzled by the drawing that common sense went out the window.

I'm on it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Very nice! More. More.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

Very nice rendering. We would love to see more.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

Something I couldn't say until today: It can now be revealed that EAA's Sport Pilot magazine is going to be joined with, or folded into, Sport Aviation magazine. My monthly article and illustration will move into the one big publication -- with a subscriber base of 150,000. This means, among many other things, that EAA members, at least, will be able to read the magazine online.

I've been trying to upload attachments of other drawings, but it ain't working.

Ah! I see. I've been trying to upload images bigger than 256K. I'll take another run at it later, tonight or tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here we go. I'll try to upload some more later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here are a couple more.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.