Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 I hope you guys are warm 
 Post subject: I hope you guys are warm
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:20 pm 

I just thought I would share the fact that I caught an 87" striped Marlin the other day.

It's 85 and sunny.

Gotta run, the wifey and I are going snorkeling.

I love Hawaii

:)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:01 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

As I told you the other day on the phone when you called -

May your scrotum be attacked by a 1000 jellyfish...

Guys are out ice fishing this morning - if you can believe that.

Enjoy Hawaii - it will be colder when you get home....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

Did you get a picture of the Marlin? That's a dumb question. Can you post a picture of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

(Expletives deleted)

Last edited by Pat Cannon on Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

AAAAAAAACthkYOU!!!!!!!!! Excuse me! :lol:

Last edited by A Brit in MN on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I hope you guys are warm
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

goalie wrote:
I just thought I would share the fact that I caught an 87" striped Marlin the other day.

It's 85 and sunny.

Gotta run, the wifey and I are going snorkeling.

I love Hawaii

:)

OH YEAH!

It's 50 and sunny here! You may like 85 there but you really don't appriate MN until you see 50 in December!

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

This is the best time of the year.

In a couple months when we get that warm week in the middle of the frozen months is pretty good, except for have to go back to the cold shortly after.

The last few years have gotten warmer and warmer. Not much out door ice skating but we don't freeze eaher. Yeah global warming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:17 pm 
Journeyman Member

I spent my final 7 years in Hawaii during my Naval career. The 80 and 90 degree temperatures get a little old after the first year or two. And it gets down right ugly after a couple of Christmas' - all those Christmas lights and no snow...

Wait that's what we have this year. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:33 pm 

Have fun & be safe. I hope my wife doesn't see your post. Yes, picures would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:53 pm 

I'll post pictures when I get home. I need the cable for the digital camera to upload the pictures to a computer and post them, and the cable is at home.

And, yeah, this 75 at night, 85-90 during the day weather could get a little old after a while. 30 years would probably do it.

I don't know where these people go for a vacation though??? I'd hop a flight to Iceland or something.

:P

Oh, and for those hunters, I got to talking with the guys who took us on an ATV tour about pig-sticking. We tried the spear and knife vs wild boar thing down there and thought we were pretty tough (or stupid) (or both). Well, here the natives use a few dogs and a knife. No spear. They just go in for the grab-n-stab. Rather impressive pictures (one guy went back and got a photo album when we started talking). Nasty scars though.

My wife is worried. VERY worried. You see, you can get an out-of-state license, and I'm just dumb enough to do it.

:wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

goalie wrote:
...Oh, and for those hunters, I got to talking with the guys who took us on an ATV tour about pig-sticking. We tried the spear and knife vs wild boar thing down there and thought we were pretty tough (or stupid) (or both). Well, here the natives use a few dogs and a knife. No spear. They just go in for the grab-n-stab. Rather impressive pictures (one guy went back and got a photo album when we started talking). Nasty scars though.

My wife is worried. VERY worried. You see, you can get an out-of-state license, and I'm just dumb enough to do it.

We double-dog dare ya! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Pat Cannon wrote:
goalie wrote:
...Oh, and for those hunters, I got to talking with the guys who took us on an ATV tour about pig-sticking. We tried the spear and knife vs wild boar thing down there and thought we were pretty tough (or stupid) (or both). Well, here the natives use a few dogs and a knife. No spear. They just go in for the grab-n-stab. Rather impressive pictures (one guy went back and got a photo album when we started talking). Nasty scars though.

Rob Schneider............YOU CAN DOOO IT!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:55 am 

Pat Cannon wrote:
goalie wrote:

I probably will next year. It will involve some training before I do it. Plus, this will come out of my allowance, not the "joint" account, if you know what I mean.

Hospital bills though, those are a joint expense........

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:07 am 
Journeyman Member

goalie wrote:
I don't know where these people go for a vacation though??? I'd hop a flight to Iceland or something.

:P

Most of the time while I was there Hawaiians generally vacation on other islands. I took trips to the big island and Kauai. Locals get discounts on flights and hotels in Hawaii. I wish I had gone to Maui. Other than that they like going to Las Vegas - cheap tickets and cheap hotel deals.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.