Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 KSTP 
 Post subject: KSTP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:55 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

I am having a harder and harder time listening to the drivel from KSTP. I used to love that station and all of the Hubbard properties. No more. I think that they have fallen so far away from their simply reporting the facts they have moved to sensationalism to attract another demographic.

I do not care for Cindy Brucato - I think that she has moved in and taken over and I do not care for her slant - or the general slant that seems to be a new feature of the KSTP crew and methodology. Lately I have been wondering what the hell is going on over there.

KSTP AM1500 - What the heck is going on there - their programming choices are not quite what they used to be either. I think that they have fallen apart.

Ron and Mark were great in the morning - Bob Davis was good in the evening - Mischke does not belong on when normal people (I use that loosely) are awake... I like his program and it was nice to listen to him at night - something to ease you out of the day...

GL Remains interesting and fun to listen to - Bob Davis is always good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:38 am 
Longtime Regular

+1 Pinnacle
The only local TV news I watch, is KARE 11. They don't seem to follow their national outlets biased stories.
With the Coon Rapids home defense, they reported the facts......... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:59 am 
Longtime Regular

I work in the broadcast field. I can tell you that you're not the only ones who feel this way. Just about everyone else in the business feels the same. "Hubbard Broadcasting-Committed to Mediocrity"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:02 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

{Moved to Non-Gun Freefire Zone}

Somewhere around ten years ago, I couldn't stand ch5 news. It seemed that every story was called in by viewers... (tiplines). They couldn't find their own stories, so I couldn't watch them. Lately, I have been watching them.

I got away from ch11 because their audio annoys me. Being the AV geek I am, I know audio. Ch11's audio sounds like the anchors are talking as loud as they can and they puposely muffle the audio. The only thing I can think of would be an overly soundproof studio.

Obviously, I can't trust any news outlet, so I just pick any one that I can just get the headlines quickly.

As for Cindy Brucato- I thought Diana Pierce should have retired by now... How is Cindy still marketable? Anyone see her picture on KSTP.com? They make her look 20 years younger (still 50+ though).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

I do like Dave Dahl, the only weatherman who doesn't buy into Al Gore's Man-Bear-Pig Global Warming scenario.

Brucato = Battle-Axe

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: KSTP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pinnacle wrote:
I am having a harder and harder time listening to the drivel from KSTP. I used to love that station and all of the Hubbard properties. No more. I think that they have fallen so far away from their simply reporting the facts they have moved to sensationalism to attract another demographic.

I do not care for Cindy Brucato - I think that she has moved in and taken over and I do not care for her slant - or the general slant that seems to be a new feature of the KSTP crew and methodology. Lately I have been wondering what the hell is going on over there.

KSTP AM1500 - What the heck is going on there - their programming choices are not quite what they used to be either. I think that they have fallen apart.

Ron and Mark were great in the morning - Bob Davis was good in the evening - Mischke does not belong on when normal people (I use that loosely) are awake... I like his program and it was nice to listen to him at night - something to ease you out of the day...

GL Remains interesting and fun to listen to - Bob Davis is always good.

I think since they lost Rush and Joe (?) the Program Director left, they have gone to the dogs.

DeanC wrote:
I do like Dave Dahl, the only weatherman who doesn't buy into Al Gore's Man-Bear-Pig Global Warming scenario.

Brucato = Battle-Axe

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

The basic anti gun slant on most of KSTP 5's stories has driven me away.

About all I listen to on 1500 is GL adn Paul Brand. I used to keep the radio on 1500 all the time and watch their news.

No more, they have definitely gone downhill.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

I am so old, I remember when Cyndy Brucato was hot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

You owe me a screen and keyboard cleaning for that one............

Post subject: Re: KSTP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:46 pm 
1911 tainted

Pinnacle wrote:
Mischke does not belong on when normal people (I use that loosely) are awake...

Man, is that ever an understatement.....

I like Dave Thompson, but wish he was on earlier in the day. I do a fair amount of windshield time and would enjoy catching more of his show.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:04 pm 

If for some reason I decide to endure the evening news, I usually stick with KARE11. They seem least sensentialist of the local media and they do some really nice in-depth pieces from time-to-time.

I really don't care what the newscasters look like, I just want the news in an accurate and timely fashion. I will admit to allowing a newscaster's voice annoy me, I gotta be able to listen to you talk without wanting to tear my ears off.

I primarily stick to online media, hit the startribune and pioneer press (and figure the truth is somewhere in the middle). Hit a few blogs on both sides of the political spectrum and at the end of the day I feel as though I'm as informed as I can be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat Cannon wrote:
I am so old, I remember when Cyndy Brucato was hot.

So do I, I don't think rocks live that long. :D

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:19 pm 

I think Kare11 is still the best (even w/the audio issues). They have been the easiest channel reporters to deal with IMHO...I still remember when channel 5 covered a snowy day w/accidents, and parked their newsvan in the ambulance bay...we bring a patient, and all they do is block where I can park. Also, when we see em all by hospitals filming, sometimes we hit the airhorn and make em mad! :D

The radio station I like best is AM1280 (The Patriot). Give them a try...the hosts aren't too outlandish (except for Savage). Prager and Medved are my faves there.

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

KARE 11 on the weekends...

Home of Amy Hockert... she's about the only reason I tune into TV news.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:34 pm 

www.drudgereport.com

If only there was a local version of this website I would never watch TV news again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.