Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:33 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Other state courses 
 Post subject: Other state courses
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:24 pm 
1911 tainted

I see that other instructors are getting certified by other states to do permit to carry classes that those states will recognize. It seems that Utah is a popular certification, but why? It is only $5 to get a Utah certification but I do not see any great advantage and would like some one to show me the errors in my thinking. If I am missing out on something, then what states do you have, or recommend?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:47 pm 
Delicate Flower

A Utah carry permit allows you to carry in quite a few states just like Florida. A person having permits for MN, UT, and NH is good to carry in over 30 states. UT is easy to be certified as an instructor and a permit to carry can be attained through the mail.

All the info can be looked up on packing.org by state. Hope that helps explain why on UT. PM me for additional info if you like.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

PA, no instructors needed. Decent list of states with reciprocity & such. . . cost is the big +! $20 and 20 minutes at the county courthouse, fill out the paperwork, get your background checked same way ya would if you were buying a handgun & get that ID made. Good for 5 years too. I miss PA. Seriously, no classes, instructors or certifications required.

Post subject: Re: Other state courses
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:56 pm 
The Man

cobb wrote:
I see that other instructors are getting certified by other states to do permit to carry classes that those states will recognize. It seems that Utah is a popular certification, but why? It is only $5 to get a Utah certification but I do not see any great advantage and would like some one to show me the errors in my thinking. If I am missing out on something, then what states do you have, or recommend?
Utah is, I think, an inexpensive Florida -- not quite as widely accepted, but less expensive, and doesn't require a shooting qualification. It does, though, require doing a fair amount of time on Utah-specific law in class, which is why I haven't gotten around to getting Utah-certified.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Other state courses
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:43 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

joelr wrote:
It does, though, require doing a fair amount of time on Utah-specific law in class, which is why I haven't gotten around to getting Utah-certified.

I did not get that impression. I took my instruction from a Utah certified instructor. He had a comparison chart of the Utah and Minnesota differences (which it only seemed like there were ~5).

Get the certification. You don't have to teach Utah if you don't want, but if you do: $$

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.