Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:14 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Coffee Carry Act 
 Post subject: Coffee Carry Act
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:47 am 
Longtime Regular

I wonder if the perp will sue for the burns ;)

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/21/carjacker.thwarted.ap/index.html

Quote:
BLUFFTON, South Carolina (AP) -- A would-be carjacker got a different kind of jolt from his intended victim's morning cup of coffee, authorities said.

The suspect tapped the car window Wednesday morning with a gun and motioned the driver to get out, Chief Deputy Roy Hughes said.

But the driver -- who had just bought a cup of hot coffee -- slammed the car door into the carjacker's legs, threw the coffee at his neck and face and wrestled him to the ground, Hughes said.

A shot was fired during the scuffle but no one was hurt, Hughes said. He said the driver managed to get the gun from the suspect and point it at him.

The suspect ran into nearby woods, Hughes said. Deputies are searching for him and two people thought to be with him who drove off during the scuffle.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:04 am 

Sounds like a good example of a proper mindset. Now if that person had been carring....

Steelheart

Post subject: Re: Coffee Carry Act
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:08 am 
Longtime Regular

matt160 wrote:
I wonder if the perp will sue for the burns ;)

Oh, you KNOW that's a given!
Hopefully, it wasn't McDonald's coffee :wink:

Post subject: Reminds me of when I was a kid
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Now I could tell a funny story: I was once bribed to break up a couple, I was a kid 16 or 17 at the time myself & girl's best friend wanted me to solve girls boyfriend trouble - He worked at a McDonalds across the street from a factory in town. I arranged to take his girlfriend out while he was working, so on my way I drop by McD's for a coffee . . . it is just after quitting time at the factory & the ordering area is packed. I holler ack to the burger cook that I am gonna take his girlfriend out. . . we have this great exchange where he starts cussing and frothing & wanting to "settle this out in the parking lot". Manager say, "you go out, you don't come back" to the kid. I take my coffee (this was before the hot coffee lawsuit & yeah, I did wonder why they made their coffee so darn hot) and make a few more defaming remarks about his manhood, my manhood in his girlfriend, etc. And he comes out. I unload my coffee on him and leave, get to his girlfriend's house (she was wash'n daddy's truck up real nice, for our date) & start chatting with her like there isn't anything up. He comes roaring up in a cloud of dust, jumps out of his Datsun 210, frothing, raving mad. I run word circles around the guy, making him look like an absolute jerk. Girl gets upset and runs into the house. Guy storms off, girl comes back out & conversation resumes. A few minutes latter the guy shows up & now he has daddy's gun. Oh, this is getting serious right? Well, I suggest to him that if he pulls the trigger, I'm gonna take that thing from him and beat him with it, bunch of stuff like that, egging him on, I'm looking right down the cylinders of this knappy old .38 and the kid had forgotten to grab daddy's bullets when he grabbed daddy's gun. The kid is freaking out, he's got the gun, he should be in control & there I am telling him about assault w/ deadly weapon, what he can expect in jail . .. after I kick his butt, all this stuff, mocking him, girl is like "you a feaking lunatic & I don't ever want to see you again" to the kid. He's crying, begging, I'm mocking, and the girl is just getting more pissed off at the guy. Finally after all this drama the kid just gives up, runs back to his car & takes off. I spent a little time trying to calm the girl & left myself. Never took her out, mission accomplished. It amazes me what I got myself into for a 12 pack when I was underage, that was the fee the girl's best friend and I had agreed on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Freaky story!

As for the coffee in the carjacker's face ... I hope the day doesn't come when we can't buy hot coffee because of the Million Mom's and other career-worriers. Perhaps we'll start hearing things like "why do you NEED to have hot coffee?" Or, "you don't need to have hot coffee in order to excercise your food-rights". :wink:

Last edited by lance22 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Ah, to be young, stupid and invulnerable again! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:20 am 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, 15 or so years later it is the kind of thing I can say. . . Holy Crud! how did I survive my teens?!?! I also spent countless hours with my VW topped out on 1 1/2 lane country roads, late at night and in the fog, back then. I hope my story was communicated as another use of coffee as a weapon and the stupidity of youth rather than a tale of bravery or machismo or some crud like that.

kudos to the carjackers intended victim for using the tool that was quickest to draw. I am not sure but what that might have been a good thing to do even if he/she was packing . . . to buy time for the draw of the CCW. Have to admit, if the perp has already made the draw, it is quick thinking to buy time to even the odds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.