Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Self Protection Program in the Star Tribune 
 Post subject: Self Protection Program in the Star Tribune
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:43 pm 

I do not recognize this Star Tribune anymore...last week they ran a positive story about a Marine getting a medal for combat actions and now one about self protection; and while only a small mention, they at least print the instructor's acknowledgment that a gun in the home is a good option for some...

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/42146647.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:37 pm 

I saw that too. Strange times, these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:15 am 
On time out

maybe just maybe, someone realized the the population they were aiming at was dwingling down to nothing, and those others who were of the same mindset were unable or unwilling to pay for their paper.

I know someone who is inthe sports dept told me that changes were happening out of sheer fear that they would go under.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm 

I, too, thought the sky was falling earlier today, when I read the RedStar article about the latest Lake Phalen attack and saw that they listed a description of the perp, including visual cues. Obviously they have come to their senses because the story has since been cleaned up to eliminate the useless information.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

BigBlue wrote:
I, too, thought the sky was falling earlier today, when I read the RedStar article about the latest Lake Phalen attack and saw that they listed a description of the perp, including visual cues. Obviously they have come to their senses because the story has since been cleaned up to eliminate the useless information.

BB

Pray tell, what were those descriptions and clues? I live not too far away from the lake. Yesterday the wife and I investigated the lake due to reports of a pterodactyl sighting (Blue Heron). We saw no herons but plenty of the dreaded Hooded Gangsta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
We saw no herons but plenty of the dreaded Hooded Gangsta.

You read it wrong, it was about heroin. :lol: Hence the Gangstas.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:32 pm 

Traveler wrote:
BigBlue wrote:

BB

Pray tell, what were those descriptions and clues? I live not too far away from the lake. Yesterday the wife and I investigated the lake due to reports of a pterodactyl sighting (Blue Heron). We saw no herons but plenty of the dreaded Hooded Gangsta.

I don't remember exactly, and now that it has been pulled I can't double-check. It was basically: "black male, approximately 19-23, medium build, 190 lbs., wearing a hooded sweatshirt (of a dark color?)". Sounds like your sighting may have scarily been close to the suspect's description.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:34 pm 

I was close. Here it is from the Pioneer Press:

Quote:
The suspect in Monday's assault is described as black, about 5-feet-11-inches tall, 170 pounds. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and jeans.

I think the original RedStar article stated an age approximation, as I mentioned earlier.

BB

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.