Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 911 Tape Captures Arizona Woman Firing at Intruders 
 Post subject: 911 Tape Captures Arizona Woman Firing at Intruders
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:09 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526988,00.html

Quote:
Wednesday, June 17, 2009

PHOENIX — A 911 recording released by a southern Arizona sheriff's department captures a woman pleading for help after assailants broke into her home and fatally shot her husband and 9-year-old daughter.

The mother can be heard crying out in pain from a gunshot wound she received in the May 30 attack at her home in rural Arivaca. As she politely begs a dispatcher to send help quickly, 31-year-old Gina Marie Gonzalez becomes frantic as the attackers return.

"They're coming back in! They're coming back in!" she yells to a 911 operator.

The sound of at least nine gunshots is heard as Gonzalez engages in a gunbattle with intruders in her home south of Tucson and about 10 miles from border with Mexico.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department last week arrested a woman and two men in connection with the attack. The suspects are members of a small anti-illegal immigration group that sought cash or drugs to fund border watch operations, police say.

The intruders dressed as law enforcement officers when they broke into the home at about 1 a.m., police say. The slain father, 29-year-old Raul Junior Flores, was believed to be involved with drug trafficking, police say, but officers don't think the assailants found much cash or drugs in the home.

"They told us somebody had escaped jail or something. They wanted to come in and look at my house," Gonzalez tells the 911 operator. "They just shot my husband and they shot my daughter and they shot me. Oh my God, ma'am, I can't believe this is happening."

Gonzalez says on the recording that her daughter, Brisenia Flores, was crying before the assailants shot her in the head.

Police say Gonzalez shot and wounded one of her alleged attackers, 34-year-old Jason Eugene Bush of Meadview in northwestern Arizona.

Officers believe Bush was the gunman, working with 41-year-old Shawna Forde of Everett, Wash., the alleged ringleader, and 42-year-old Albert Robert Gaxiola of Arivaca, who allegedly provided information about the local area. Forde has denied involvement.

Between moans, Gonzalez apologizes for using foul language, and at another point asks if she will get in trouble for firing at the suspects. The operator assures her she has nothing to worry about.

"Oh my God, I can't believe they killed my family," Gonzalez says.

She repeatedly says she's scared the intruders will return as the operator tries to calm her and get a description of the shooting.

"They have like the whole army coming towards you," the operator says.

Throughout the recording, Gonzalez is mostly calm but in obvious pain. Her voice grows quiet and weak toward the end.

"Oh my goodness, I've never heard of any of this stuff happening in Arivaca," Gonzalez says.

I cannot begin to imagine...

Post subject: Re: 911 Tape Captures Arizona Woman Firing at Intruders
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:20 am 
Longtime Regular

Wow.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:13 am 

theres your bonafide assholes of Earth. right there

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:24 am 
The Man

How utterly horrible. I wish they'd been able to stop (and, okay, I'm sentimental: kill) the intruders.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:02 am 

Horrible.

Quote:
The suspects are members of a small anti-illegal immigration group that sought cash or drugs to fund border watch operations, police say.

If this turns out to be true...that sure is going to damage the non-gov't border patrol group image even more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:23 am 
The Man

Yup. But, as Larry Niven pointed out, eons, ago, there's no cause so noble it won't attract fuckheads. I'm anti-illegal-immigration myself, but, all in all, I think multiple murder is a worse solecism, and won't insult the rest of you to ask if you agree.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:33 pm 

joelr wrote:
Yup. But, as Larry Niven pointed out, eons, ago, there's no cause so noble it won't attract fuckheads. I'm anti-illegal-immigration myself, but, all in all, I think multiple murder is a worse solecism, and won't insult the rest of you to ask if you agree.

Regardless, I WILL agree.

Sure, support the efforts you care about - but for chrissakes, keep it ETHICAL, LEGAL and MORAL. (Or at least two of the three, jeez)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.