Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Glock or not? 
 Post subject: Glock or not?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:18 pm 

:?
Ok, so I have a question for anyone who is willing to help me come to a conclusion...I have not had my gun since my husband's case began, (which really has seemed to infringe on my own right to bear arms) and I can't get into specifics why however my permit is about to expire very soon and I loved my 9mm Glock but I recently found out that Striechers no longer carries Glocks and that is all I have ever carried or known. So does anyone have a preference? I should say that I am rather a very petite women, with small hands so the newbie would have to be a compact and easily concealable since I am only 105 lbs with a small frame. I look forward to seeing what anyone has to offer and tank you in advance.

Rebecca Treptow*

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Glock or not?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 pm 
The Man

Revolver, Rebecca, revolver. Trust me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

Kahr's 9mm guns are very easy to conceal at 0.9" wide. They're not double stacks. Nor are they easy to shoot well. And they aren't as inexpensive as a Glock. So perhaps you might want to just get another Glock ... at one of the other gun shops in town.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

I would think of renting a variety of models and have a trial shoot (Bills, et al) and make an intelligent decision based on experience.

By the way, welcome to the forum! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:24 pm 
The Man

Or, Rebecca, let me put this gently . . . even though you are a happily-married woman, and both the guys and guyettes here are gentlefolk, you're well, a babe, and even if you weren't, somebody with a bunch of different guns might feel like hanging out at Burnsville Pistol Range some evening, and letting you try out a few toys.

Trust me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:31 pm 

I think Glocks are great handguns - and I own a few and would like a few more.

I also think revolvers are great as well - as Joel highlights.

I think going out and trying out a few might get you some ideas -- I'm sure someone here would volunteer to do so ;)
b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:40 pm 

:) I would love to own another Glock for several reasons, the biggest is the price and because I feel the most comfortable with it. Under any other circumstances I would take up an offer to try out other guns but as all of you can imagine my hesitation and fear of my upcoming renewal and shooting with Joel, I think I could easily take into account every ones opinions on the gun idea...I have shot a revolver and like the accuracy I get however I have three children and the revolver has no safety guard, now I know that the glocks don't either but with my glock I can always have a loaded clip without having one in the chamber as another form of safety besides being in my gun safe...

Another annoying issue I have is, does anyone else???????

As you can tell from my photo I posted (so you can actually see my frame), when it comes to concealing my weapon, in fact when I carried the Glock, that Anoka County now has, it was not always easy to wear on my hip, so I had to buy an ankle holster for and conceal it that way, I also have concealed my gun in the small of my back but the down side to that was I always had to wear something over it. Up till the "Shooting" I used to carry it in my purse but I can honestly tell you that I am afraid of police now and when Coon Rapids would "conveniently" find a reason to pull me over I was always scared to reach for my bag for my D.L and insurance card...

FYI...I was in the process of finishing my Criminal Justice degree when "it" happened and in fact did complete it and graduated and now I have no passion to work in that field anymore and now am working at getting my business degree...isn't that crazy on how things worked out, not just for Scott, but it truly has had a profound affect on me career too...Just a mental thought.

Joel, thank you for the compliment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:18 pm 

:mrgreen: Just a funny thought to those that heard the 911 police chatter, I have ALWAYS wondered this, Do I really look like I am in my 40"s?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:26 pm 

Rebecca Treptow wrote:
:mrgreen: Just a funny thought to those that heard the 911 police chatter, I have ALWAYS wondered this, Do I really look like I am in my 40"s?

No. You don't.

Then again, I'm really bad at ages, and we've never met ;)
b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:36 pm 

Late twenties. Early thirties. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 pm 

Thanks everyone, Timothy you are spot on! I am 31 and was I was 29 when it happened. It goes to show that cops are not perfect either...well okay you guys have a great night.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:44 am 

I never guess at ages, not very good at it. Try to try out some other guns too. I like the Glock and carry mine a lot. Recently I aquired a 642 and started to carry that when my G17 isn't appropriate. Keep positive and you'll do just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 am 

You can always go out to Bills Gun Shop, rent some guns and see which one you like best.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

If you are comfortable with a Glock, I say get another one or two or three. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 am 
Journeyman Member

take a look at the Ruger SR9, I like the grip angle much better than a Glock..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.