Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Block E 
 Post subject: Block E
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:20 pm 

Block E and all of their tenants have dropped their signs, though the Escape Club will wand you upon entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:26 pm 

When did that happen? I was there at the end of last week, and they still had the signs up on the skyway entrances. If so that is very good to see.

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:29 pm 

I came in from outside at street level, and did a pretty good job of looking at the entrances. Pinnacle followed me by a few days and confirmed as much.

Can’t say about the skyway entrances, though, as I seldom travel that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:52 am 
Longtime Regular

I still won't go to block E...

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:15 am 

The skyway entrances are still posted.

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:24 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Srigs wrote:

I don't balme you. It is really unfortunate to say that there are places that you will not go in your own town.

We went to the hollidazzle parade and walked to block E to have dinner at the Hard Rock - my kid likes that place. Basically we had to walk the gauntlet around the side of the building of thugs - a little uncomfortable - but

Conforting when you know something that the thuglets don't know.

Walk softly and carry a surefire and a 229......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:31 pm 

I was there last night, I saw postings in at least 3 places.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:07 pm 

I'm sure that the signs' re-establishment will solve all of Block E's troubles. With B&N moving out, that really says a lot about the city's failure to curb the clutch of thuglets who "hang out" in Block E's less well lit spots. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 am 
Longtime Regular

Just because someplace may have dropped their signs doesn't make them Pro-gun. Apparently, not all of the signs are gone.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:46 am 
Longtime Regular

BigRobT wrote:
Just because someplace may have dropped their signs doesn't make them Pro-gun. Apparently, not all of the signs are gone.

What Rob said. Unless they have that sign with a circle and a gun in it or have been told by the business's personel that they "love guns, come on in" I view the business as neuteral on the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was down in that area a couple months ago to see "Pan's Labryinth" at that smelly theatre that has all the EMO kids running the place. We watched the movie, then wandered across the street to drop a few hundred at Kitchen Window. I don't recall seeing any signs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:11 pm 
The Man

mnglocker wrote:
BigRobT wrote:

What Rob said. Unless they have that sign with a circle and a gun in it or have been told by the business's personel that they "love guns, come on in" I view the business as neuteral on the subject.
Me, too. That said, I don't much care if a business is neutral -- or even anti -- on the subject, as long as they don't inflict their opinions on me while I'm there. If they do, I'll just take my business elsewhere; if they don't, I won't know, and won't care.

I think that most business owners probably don't want to share their political opinions with their customers, on the grounds that that's a breakeven or lose for them . . . and that's fine with me.

YMMV, of course.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:37 pm 

+1 Joel

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:06 pm 

Srigs wrote:

Hear! Hear! I avoid the area like the plague, even when I am on duty (non-sworn position with the Minneapolis Park Police). It never ceases to amaze me that during the course of any night, weather or other aggrivating (sp?) circumstances aside, there are always calls for service to Block E.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:29 pm 
Prolix Pontificator

Srigs wrote:

Ditto. I was a big-time regular at Pizza Luce on 4th St. until 02/09. I suspect that I was once the target of a "salt-'n'-peppa"-team robbery attempt at 4th St. and 1st Ave. back in '06, which I discouraged (before CC). It never phased me, but I still wouldn't be caught dead at Block E even if it was America's Taj Mahal.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.