Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Electric Fetus in Duluth 
 Post subject: Electric Fetus in Duluth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:37 am 
Journeyman Member

I recently took a long weekend vacation to Duluth a week ago, and carried the whole time.

We were driving down Superior street and went past the Electric Fetus. Now, this hippie-esque store sells, among other things, bongs and "tobacco" equipment. I've always felt a lefty vibe when I've been in there (used to live in Duluth).

Anyway, they had a huge hand-drawn sign that said "Firearms Welcome". Trust me, I was surprised.

Post subject: Re: Electric Fetus in Duluth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:51 am 

Spectre wrote:
. . . I've always felt a lefty vibe when I've been in there . . . they had a huge hand-drawn sign that said "Firearms Welcome". Trust me, I was surprised.

I sincerely don't mean any personal offense by my next comments, so I hope you (and anyone else) don't take any. Maybe it's time to drop the stereotypical thinking that all "lefties" are anti-gun. It sounds like you may have had a small awakening in this regard,and that is truly great. Let it continue to grow, and continue to convey your experience to others with whom you hang in the hopes they too realize we're all in this together, whether red or blue thinkers overall. Just as all conservatives are not "rednecks" and pro-gun, all liberals are not "lefties" and anti-gun.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:20 pm 

onebohemian wrote:
Just as all conservatives are not "rednecks" and pro-gun, all liberals are not "lefties" and anti-gun.

Here, here!!

I couldn't agree more. Once you cross the x94 ring, the Demycrats are the good guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have yet to see a "no guns" sign on any of the health/natural food stores I go to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

"Real Liberals" support gun rights!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm 

Lakewinds natural food store in Chanhassen has a "proper" sign inside the vestibule. Not a proper location in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

I wonder if I might be in error, to presume that, the mayor of Duluth is a frequent patron?

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:36 pm 
The Man

Dick Unger wrote:
Yup; that's fair. It's also fair to note that, in this context, real liberals very definitely exist, but are sadly rare... just as it's fair to note that the MCPPA would not have passed without the votes of liberal DFL Senators.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

Some of the pro-legalize marijuana crowd are well confirmed libertarians. No surprise, then, that they might also be pro-carry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:29 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Gotta protect your weed man... :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am 
Raving Moderate

Dick Unger wrote:

Damn right! :)

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:43 am 
Longtime Regular

I forget on which forum I read it, but much to my surprise, even the nutjob leftist site, the Democratic Underground, is surprisingly pro-gun. I did go there to verify and was utterly amazed.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject: Re: Electric Fetus in Duluth
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:44 pm 
Journeyman Member

onebohemian wrote:
Spectre wrote:
. . . I've always felt a lefty vibe when I've been in there . . . they had a huge hand-drawn sign that said "Firearms Welcome". Trust me, I was surprised.

I sincerely don't mean any personal offense by my next comments, so I hope you (and anyone else) don't take any. Maybe it's time to drop the stereotypical thinking that all "lefties" are anti-gun. It sounds like you may have had a small awakening in this regard,and that is truly great. Let it continue to grow, and continue to convey your experience to others with whom you hang in the hopes they too realize we're all in this together, whether red or blue thinkers overall. Just as all conservatives are not "rednecks" and pro-gun, all liberals are not "lefties" and anti-gun.

Yeah, I get that a lot when I post. I know that not all liberals are anti-gun, but most of them are. It's the liberals doing most of the gun control damage in this country. I'm glad that some liberals recognize the importance of gun rights but I'll be a little more sympathetic when they start putting more pro-gun Democrats in power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:33 pm 

White Horseradish wrote:
I have yet to see a "no guns" sign on any of the health/natural food stores I go to.

Then stay away from Linden Hills Coop South of Lake Calhoun. Their sign is quite humorous.... it bans guns, preservatives, pesticides, etc..

In truth, they vacillated back and forth on this issue for some time, trying to explain both sides in their newsletter, but finally settled on the side of banning due to some very vocal customers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Keep in mind the difference between "Pro-Gun" and "Pro-Second Amendment." A lot of our good neighbors on the left side of the fence are ok with grandpa's deer rifle or uncle Ed's shotgun but take a sharp left turn when it comes to carrying handguns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.