Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Candlelight vigil for Earnell Luster: 6PM, Thurs. Mar 8. 
 Post subject: Candlelight vigil for Earnell Luster: 6PM, Thurs. Mar 8.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

On Thursday, March 8, a candlelight vigil will be held to remember Earnell Luster. Earnell was assaulted while defending two women from being beaten. The vigil will start at 6:00 p.m. at the corner of E 26th Street and Longfellow Ave.

Earnell Luster, 53, came upon two women being beaten up by a drunk guy in South Minneapolis. When Luster tried to intervene, the drunk guy turned his attention from them (one of them was his sister) to Luster who ended up on the ground, kicked in the head about a dozen times. The assault turned to murder Saturday when his family decided to take him off life support.

One of those situations where a CCW could have helped. If any instructors want to show up and hand out contact information, it might save a life in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
One of those situations where a CCW could have helped.

Undoubtedly.

Quote:
If any instructors want to show up and hand out contact information, it might save a life in the future.

unfortunately, I don't see any way to do that that doesn't appear crass and self-serving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

I agree with Andrew about the crass and self-serving part. I guess you could list on the card a free class, but otherwise...

This is a really sad story. I hope the suspect gets the book thrown at him hard.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:18 pm 
Wise Elder

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't see any way to do that that doesn't appear crass and self-serving.

The other side gets away with it all the time. Uggggh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Quote:

Undoubtedly.

Quote:
If any instructors want to show up and hand out contact information, it might save a life in the future.

unfortunately, I don't see any way to do that that doesn't appear crass and self-serving.

You may have a point there. Still, many attendees might be concerned for their own safety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:14 am 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
Quote:

Undoubtedly.

Quote:

You may have a point there. Still, many attendees might be concerned for their own safety.

Why? The police will protect them... :roll: :roll:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Quote:

Print up business cards with a list of instructors on them. (I know it's too late this time.)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.