Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Target Center, downtown 
 Post subject: Target Center, downtown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:22 am 
Longtime Regular

Has signs of the painted-on-the-glass-door-type (hardly a "contrasting background"). I thought the Target Center had to be bought out by the city and is therefore publicly owned? If so, they cannot legally post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:49 am 

Correct me if I'm wrong, (and I often am) but it would seem to me that Target or any other entity can POST anything they like.

And we can give those postings all the consideration they deserve! :lol:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:33 am 

Their website shows that it is city owned, but managed by the Timberwolves. Not sure if that makes a difference...

http://www.targetcenter.com/general_info.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:39 am 

In addition, there are signs next to each entrance into the actual arena that list a host of things that are prohibited, including outside food and drinks and, of course, weapons. Security pats everyone down and checks purses before entering events too. Depending on which security officer you get though, sometimes that's a pat of every pocket and your waistband and other times it's just an "open your coat so I can check for any buldges" inspection. I guess it acts as another deterent even if some of the personnel do such a poor job.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

It also depends what event is there as to whether or not they do a security check. I too my youngest daughter to Super Grover and carried without a problem.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:08 am 
Raving Moderate

I've carried a couple of times to Timberwolces games in recent weeks. Concealed means concealed... :wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:19 pm 

dismal wrote:
Their website shows that it is city owned, but managed by the Timberwolves. Not sure if that makes a difference...

http://www.targetcenter.com/general_info.php

If Minneapolis=landlord and Timberwolves=tenant, then the Timberwolves can legally post. But from the description of their signs, it seems they've failed to do so properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:29 am 
Journeyman Member

Just went to to a Wolves game this weekend. They glanced in purses, and if your jacket was zipped, asked you to open it. No pat down. Any form of concealment would have passed. I used SmartCarry, and transitioned to pocket after the security check.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.