Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Vigilante, EZDYNAMICS, and the redemption of Macphisto 
 Post subject: Vigilante, EZDYNAMICS, and the redemption of Macphisto
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:44 am 
On permanent time out

[ADMIN NOTE: This post has been split from "How Brave Do You Think You Are" to allow that thread to flow uninterrupted. -Andrew]

[Additional admin note: the irresponsible kid who has been posting as EZDYNAMICS and 1911Silver has been banned from the Forum; if he shows up again, please both ignore him and point out any new reincarnation of him to a moderator/admin. Life's too short to deal with silly, irresponsible children -- unless, of course, they're one's own. He's not mine, and he's not yours. JR]

If I have a chance to be a vigilante you better believe im going to take him out. I hate bad guys and would do everything in my power to stop him but I would hope its wal mart instead of target because i could get ammo and guns unless he was near them,lol dont mess with wal mart now target id only stop him depending on where i am and try a sneek attack, we all have to die sometime and if you cant use your gun to save others in need then you need to grow a pair. Men and women in Iraq are fighting for our right to be free and risk there lives in much more dangerous situations so who am I to be selfish for only my life. Sure my addreniline would be up and id be scared but you just gotta get mad at that person killing others and unload on him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:25 am 
Longtime Regular

For the good of the rest of us can somebody BAN this EZDYNAMiCS guy.

BTW I am still waiting for an answer to my question about your EXACT military experience. Dates, places, units etc... where you served would go a long ways to making me think you may have more credibility than you do.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:28 am 
Longtime Regular

EZDYNAMICS wrote:
Men and women in Iraq are fighting for our right to be free and risk there lives in much more dangerous situations so who am I to be selfish for only my life. Sure my addreniline would be up and id be scared but you just gotta get mad at that person killing others and unload on him.

Given this statement the only shots fired in anger you have heard are in a video game.

If I was not restricted from attacking the person rather than the ideas I would have a lot more to say to you.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:00 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

EZDYNAMICS wrote:
If I have a chance to be a vigilante you better believe im going to take him out. I hate bad guys and would do everything in my power to stop him but I would hope its wal mart instead of target because i could get ammo and guns unless he was near them,lol dont mess with wal mart now target id only stop him depending on where i am and try a sneek attack, we all have to die sometime and if you cant use your gun to save others in need then you need to grow a pair. Men and women in Iraq are fighting for our right to be free and risk there lives in much more dangerous situations so who am I to be selfish for only my life. Sure my addreniline would be up and id be scared but you just gotta get mad at that person killing others and unload on him.

Hummmm.....

If you get a chance to be a vigilante take him out huh? There is no such thing as a sure thing - you draw your weapon - fire a perfect controlled pair center mass and seemingly your shots have NO effect on the perp - what now? YOU become the target of a deranged madman or woman witha long gun and a demonstrated willingness to kill. YOU are in trouble.

You are the next contestant on the grave is right. You know I can see where you are coming from - and I can sympathize with that sentiment of taking the chance to shoot the perp to end the situation - you either can or cannot.

I offer this - there are very few people here that are trained on how to "Run and Gun" - move tactically - engage with precision under fire...

The point of us having a PTC is to defend ourselves and family first - if the opportunity presents itself to take a GOOD SHOT with a high hit probability - I might encourage you to take it as well - but if the option is there to flee - this is the best bet.

Here it is again -

You are in Target - you hear shots from the front - you charge up there - everyone and their brother is in a panic - you spot the perp - you take a shot just as the PD gets there - you get shot by the cops.

Anytihng with a gun in hand gets shot by the police in an active shooter scenario.

Hero to Martyr in about 10 seconds. There is NO profit in death.

Jac714 seems to think that you are way out there - I thought so too - but it is not too late for you to understand how things work. Everyone has an opinion and yours on this topic seems to be pretty ok with me - to each his own I suppose - but remember EZ I am not picking on you I am just sort of trying to tell you how I might approach this situation. We may want to avoid terms like vigilante.....

This is very relevant to today - I fear that we will see more and more of this - this is terrorism at its finest and an easy form of it that will change our lives.

As for sacrifice of one life for the lives of many (yours) - if caught in an active shooter scenario - you present yourself as bait get killed - what have you solved? Nothing other than a gun will kill a human being.

As for our soldiers - I love each and every one of them and deal with them on a daily basis and tell them as much.

cemeteries are filled with dead heros.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:31 am 
The Man

EZDYNAMICS wrote:
Just to be clear, this is with my Site Owner's hat firmly on:

You're saying some very foolish things. I'm not going to go into detail as to why they are foolish things to say -- others have pointed that out, and it shouldn't be any more necessary to point out how foolish the things you are saying than it should be to point out that it's not a good idea to shave your face with a Ginzu knife.

Please stop saying foolish things now. Take a deep breath, get hold of yourself, and tone it down. There may or may not be a further warning.

ETA:

Admins: if he acts up, and you get to it before I do, feel free to disable his account, and lock out his IP address. Historically, a little more than half the folks who get a public admonishment go full-tilt-boogie-Ardent-Observer/JohnMErickson; the rest more or less get the point.

Everybody else, please lay off the guy. I've got it, and if he steps out of line either I or another moderator or sysadmin will handle him.

Last edited by joelr on Thu May 10, 2007 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:35 am 
1911 tainted

jac714 wrote:

I see nothing in the post that I have read to justify banning him. He has spouted some pure nonsense at times in my opinion, but that is not a reason to ban him, but if I have missed the personal or racial attacks, then I apologizes. You have to admit that the opinions that he has voiced make things interesting, and most here have probably come to some conclusions of his background based on these postings.

Do not take the liberal path and because you disagree with what is said, it must be silenced.

As usual, I drifted off topic. :oops:

Edited to add - My computer hung up and many opinions and statement were made between the start of the creation of my post and the actual posting.

Last edited by cobb on Thu May 10, 2007 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
jac714 wrote:

I see nothing in the post that I have read to justify banning him. He has spouted some pure nonsense at times in my opinion, but that is not a reason to ban him, but if I have missed the personal or racial attacks, then I apologizes. You have to admit that the opinions that he has voiced make things interesting, and most here have probably come to some conclusions of his background based on these postings.

Do not take the liberal path and because you disagree with what is said, it must be silenced.

Well, I am looking at the totality of his posts. My opinion is that his rash statements are just the type of material that the antis hope to see coming out of a forum such as this.

Comments such as he/she has made are a negative reflection on anyone who carries. I also object to his statement that he has "...trained with the Marines..." this implies he served with the Marines, the problem is that anyother Marine I have met (and that is many) either state that thye ARE a Marine or, in rare cases, that they were a Marine. I know of no one who "trained" with the Marines who was not a member of one of the armed forces or serious Federal Law Enforcement.

Personally it really makes me angry when prople who have never worn a uniform pose as having served. As I previously stated until this individual profers some proof of his service I will continue to call him on his comment and demand an answer to my question. If that bothers anyone they can let me know.

His opinions do engender some discussion, I am not sure whether this is a troll looking to get quotes that can be used by antis to discredit the carry community or if he/she really believes that he/she is saying.

If I were to read his posts in isolation I would have immediately thought that they were the work of a early teen trying to act tough.

If I am wrong I apologize but this is the read I have from this individual, if that is a wrong read as i stated earlier I apologize.

But until I have an answer to the question regarding military service I am putting this person on ignore.

-Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:55 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
EZDYNAMICS wrote:
Just to be clear, this is with my Site Owner's hat firmly on:

You're saying some very foolish things. I'm not going to go into detail as to why they are foolish things to say -- others have pointed that out, and it shouldn't be any more necessary to point out how foolish the things you are saying than it should be to point out that it's not a good idea to shave your face with a Ginzu knife.

Please stop saying foolish things now. Take a deep breath, get hold of yourself, and tone it down. There may or may not be a further warning.

ETA:

Admins: if he acts up, and you get to it before I do, feel free to disable his account, and lock out his IP address. Historically, a little more than half the folks who get a public admonishment go full-tilt-boogie-Ardent-Observer/JohnMErickson; the rest more or less get the point.

Everybody else, please lay off the guy. I've got it, and if he steps out of line either I or another moderator or sysadmin will handle him.

Will do Joel, I am out of this one.

-Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:58 am 
Longtime Regular

I had the Ban thought. It was a STRONG thought.

Maybe we cannot influence his/her ideas. Maybe we cannot educate those who do not want to learn. But if we BAN him / her we lose any opportunity to modify the perceptions and behavior. You just know that they won't change on their own.

The hard part is that the fervor and the intense interest and heck, even some of the "I wish it worked this way" armchair commando type talk strikes a chord. But we live in the real world where our rights are under assault. We HAVE to be ambassadors for our community and our interest. We live in the REAL world where everything has consequences and things don't always turn out as we wish they would.

Look at Macphisto. Several here had issues with him. Yet just a couple days ago I saw 3 people amazed to agree with him and I've read a few good posts from him recently. perhaps we have a similar opportunity in EZ.

For that to work, we must be ever vigilant and EZ must take the hint.

Best of luck.

(I too am waiting for the Marine verification)

ETA: Joel, sorry, typed as you were ETAing

Last edited by plblark on Thu May 10, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:59 am 
The Man

cobb wrote:
jac714 wrote:

Edited to add - My computer hung up and many opinions and statement were made between the start of the creation of my post and the actual posting.

I agree with the substance of what you're saying -- he's not making personal or racial attacks.

On the other hand, he is quite explicitly advocating being a "vigilante". (The actual actions he's advocating aren't vigilanteism, but let's not complicate things.)

I don't silence people here just because I disagree with them -- hell, I disagree with a lot that's posted here, sometimes very, very strongly.

But there is a level of recklessness that triggers the Don'tAnnoyTheSiteOwner rule, and he's stepped over it.

From the rules (emphasis added):

Quote:
About rules

Publishing rules, in the site owner's experience, often tends to encourage "rules lawyering;" the site owner thinks that rules lawyering is a bad idea and a waste of his time and yours. Please avoid it, and remember that the rules are subject to change at any time at the site owner's unfettered discretion, and that while it's difficult to tick him off sufficiently to come up with a specific new rule, or to persuade him to lock somebody out to lower the level of annoyance, it's not utterly impossible.

If he's not actively trying, he's got a natural gift for it.

Beyond that, I'm not at all sure that he isn't a troll. Being a sufficiently annoying troll will, I think it's safe to predict, trigger the bolded section.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:03 am 
The Man

plblark wrote:
Look at Macphisto. Several here had issues with him. Yet just a couple days ago I saw 3 people amazed to agree with him and I've read a few good posts from him recently.
Absolutely. Mac came pretty close to being permanently JohnMEricksoned, but it's been months and months since I've had any reason to be concerned about him, and he's become a definite plus to the Forum.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:09 am 
Longtime Regular

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it!" - Yogi Berra.

It seems that both the board (management) and EZ both have come to a fork in the road. Each has to make a choice. What is in question is, in what sequence these choices are made.

I agree with the combined responses PB, Joel, and Cobb - tempered with the unanswered question by Jac.....let EZ make the first choice, then the board can make an easy choice dependent on the path that EZ takes............ :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 am 
Longtime Regular

SLURP..............My name is John MEricks*n................SLURP...........I'm not an.......... SLURP.............. animal..............SLURP,.........I'm a human being!

Thanks for my first laugh of the morning Joel.

As for EZ................... :roll: AAhh, the vigour of youth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:50 am 
Longtime Regular

A Brit in MN wrote:
As for EZ................... :roll: AAhh, the vigour of youth!

Fortunately, we know that this is not half-Yank,
as we know that he is far too well trained................... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

First I enjoy this forum very much. I find the discourse to be very interesting, informative, and also at times very humorous. I find that a little reflection is helpful before you hit the submit button.

Many of my personnel friends served in the Marine Corp. (WWII, Korea era, Vietnam era, Granada, Gulf I, Gulf II). For the most part they are basically low-key individuals, not given to much bravado. However when you get to talk with them you can understand the reference in the recruitment commercial “the few, the proud”.

Tough guy and bellicose talk is not the product of a thoughtful mind.

In keeping with the subject of the thread, pray that if you have to do something other than retreat that GOD is on your side before, during, and after your decision to take action.

WITHOUT LIBERTY THERE IS NO FREEDOM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.