Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dick's Ammo coupon 
 Post subject: Dick's Ammo coupon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:38 am 

Buy one get one 50% off

http://app.dcsg.com/coupon/coupon.cfm?n=TUO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:35 pm 

I wanted to say thank you, I was able to buy a case of Remington UMC .45 ACP at the equivalent price of 11.98 per box, or $256 out the door. Best price anywhere including internet vendors.

Don't pass this one up people, the prices for ammo are going up again on November 1st! You've been notified! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:26 pm 

No problem, been lurking for a few years and for the first time saw something that hadn't been posted yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:28 pm 

Welcome to the forum, Mick. I'll be putting that coupon to good use! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:24 pm 
Wise Elder

gman1868 wrote:
I was able to buy a case of Remington UMC .45 ACP at the equivalent price of 11.98 per box, or $256 out the door.

It says "6 boxes per customer." How did you get a case and where???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:35 pm 
1911 tainted

I was at the Mankato Scheels and mentioned the Dick's coupon, which Scheels advertises that they will match competitors sales and coupons. The floor manager that I talked to, and I did not have the coupon in hand, kinda baulked and said he would have to see the coupon, but said that they could match.

OK, fine..........

If a competitor is going to advertise that they will honor a competitors sale price or coupon, they should do it with a smile and not the look of that you are pulling their teeth.

IF IT IS AN ISSUE FOR A COMPETITOR TO MATCH A PRICE, DO NOT ADVERTISE THE PRICE MATCH, PERIOD!!!!!

I have always been a fan of Scheels, have bought the majority of my shooting and hunting needs from them because they have what I need, one stop shopping. I have brought coupons to other retailers for a price match, no problem, but on this encounter, Scheels just dropped a notch on my preferred place to shop. Yes, I will most likely give them the majority of my future business, but if they want to advertise their price matching policy, they should match it with a smile and thank you on the way out the door.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

kimberman wrote:
gman1868 wrote:
I was able to buy a case of Remington UMC .45 ACP at the equivalent price of 11.98 per box, or $256 out the door.

It says "6 boxes per customer." How did you get a case and where???

That's not the Sale price. The sale price is ~$6 per 50. What he got was the case price which is $119.80 per 10 boxes, 10 boxes minimum for 2 cases.

The boxes rang up for $12.98 for .40 S&W when I went in. That's $18.50 per 100. on three trips, and with 3 coupons, I could get 1000 rounds for $185 + tax which is MUCH better than the case price.

Actually, by forcing me to come in 3 times, they enabled me to use 3 buy $50 get $10 off coupons.

Net purchase: 3*$51 = $153 for 900 rounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:51 pm 

I got 3 boxes of 50 rounds at 50% off. I bought 20 total because at $256 out the door, that's cheaper than any other factory ammo delivered to my home from an internet dealer.

I also went back later for 9mm Luger, but they also have a sale that if you buy a case of 10 boxes of 9mm, the price per box was $6.98 (cheap!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:22 am 
Longtime Regular

They're honoring this for all Remington handgun ammo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

It says no reproductions. Did they ask any questions about this?
I would assume this means you had to have the original from the paper or magazine or where ever this was printed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:15 am 
Longtime Regular

or from their website. I printed it in color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:35 am 
Longtime Regular

It's for all ammo, not just remington.

Thanks for the tip on this. bought 6 boxes of UMC in .40S&W and at another store I bought 6 boxes of birdshot for my trip to South Dakota in a couple weeks.

I may have to stop again tonight. I have two stores I drive by on the way home so it makes it handy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:31 pm 

gman1868 wrote:
I got 3 boxes of 50 rounds at 50% off. I bought 20 total because at $256 out the door, that's cheaper than any other factory ammo delivered to my home from an internet dealer.

I also went back later for 9mm Luger, but they also have a sale that if you buy a case of 10 boxes of 9mm, the price per box was $6.98 (cheap!)

Does Dick's even sell by the case? Sweet! I wonder, if you check out up front do you think the average retail clerk would let you use the coupon on 2 cases?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:35 am 

Thanks again for the coupon! I took full advantage.

The checkout guy told me it was a misprint - it wasn't supposed to say "all ammunition", it was supposed to be Buy One Get One 50% off on just .22lr Thunderbolt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:14 am 
Longtime Regular

Blackriv73 wrote:
The checkout guy told me it was a misprint - it wasn't supposed to say "all ammunition", it was supposed to be Buy One Get One 50% off on just .22lr Thunderbolt.

That was the story I heard too.

Most ammunition has a very low markup. Certainly less than 25%. The gun counter guy said Dick's is famous for these sorts of misprints. Apparently the marketing people don't know much about guns - go figure.

I made a killing buying rifle ammo.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.