Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:08 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dakota county 29 days and still waiting. 
 Post subject: Dakota county 29 days and still waiting.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:19 pm 
First-time poster

My neighbor and I turned in our permits to the Dakota County sheriff’s office on
3 Nov 2008. That’s 29 days ago. I called the (not so pleasant) records department to find out the status. She told me that the other gal mailed a bunch out yesterday. I asked nicely about the 30 days to receive my permit and she said that I should get it in a day or so. My question is, the law says this
Granting and denial of permits. (a) The sheriff must, within 30 days after the date
of receipt of the application packet described in subdivision 3:
(1) issue the permit to carry;
So if you don’t receive it within 30 days, what can a person do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

by the time you could file suit, assuming you hadn't been injured through the lack of a permit for a couple days, you would have the permit and thus no standing to sue. At least that's my non-lawyer assessment.

The law says they have 30 days to deny, otherwise it's considered issued and they gave you the receipt to prove it. It could get sticky explaining that to an officer on the side of the road though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:33 am 

Are you surprised? Did you see the 3 other threads saying Dakota will take longer than 30 days? [url=http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10788]41 in my case.
[/url]
You can legally carry after 30 days if you have not been denied. Just keep your application receipt with you. Be advised... Not all LEO know the law.

Unfortunately, there are no repercussions stated if a Sheriff ignores the time limit.
I think that if they don't get it done in 30 days, we should get our $$ back. Bet that would get their asses in gear.

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.