Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:38 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Two Teens Beat and Rob Eldery Man in His Home 
 Post subject: Two Teens Beat and Rob Eldery Man in His Home
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://wcco.com/crime/beating.elderly.man.2.968747.html

Quote:
Teen Charged With Beating Elderly Man For Money
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minn. (WCCO) ―

A Brooklyn Park teenager has been charged for allegedly beating and robbing an elderly man.

Christopher Lamor Johnson, 16, has been charged with first-degree assault and burglary for allegedly beating an 81-year-old man in his Brooklyn Center home and attempting to steal money from him.

Court documents said a neighbor of the elderly man called 911 when she saw two young men push the elderly man inside his home after he answered the door.

When police arrived they found the victim kneeling on the floor with his head covered in blood. According to police, they found the house in disarray with blood splatter on the floor and walls.

Police arrested one of the young men when he tried to run out of the house. With the help of a K9 unit, police were able to locate Johnson, who was hiding underneath a car inside the victim's garage.

The elderly victim was transported the North Memorial Medical Center where doctors had to perform emergency brain surgery to stop bleeding in his brain.

According to court documents, when police interviewed Johnson, he told police that he and the other young man were broke and needed money. The young man said he knew an "old dude" who probably had some money.

Johnson told police they came up with a plan to rob the elderly man. Court documents said when they got to the house the two knocked on the door and first asked about doing yard work before pushing the elderly man into the house, beating and robbing him.

Johnson is charged with one count of first-degree assault and two counts of first-degree burglary, both of which are felonies

Starts out by somebody ringing your doorbell and then asking you a stupid question. "Can we do yard work?" or "Can we use your phone?" or "Got a match?" are common precursors to getting attacked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 am 
On time out

I really, really do hope that k9 officer in control of that dog got an urgent call from home or the library which delayed him for a good long time between the time he released the dog and when they were able discover where the dog was alerting to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Police arrested one of the young men...

A 16- and an 18-year-old beating an elderly man very nearly to death?

These are not men, but craven, rabid animals, who should be dispatched as such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Its hard to believe that a 16 year old would be so desensitized to violence that he would consider almost killing an old man just because he was short of money.
I look back to when I was 16 and I don't think I would have been capable of that. First of all, the thought would never have even crossed my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Dee wrote:
Its hard to believe that a 16 year old would be so desensitized to violence that he would consider almost killing an old man just because he was short of money.

That's why you can never know that cooperating will be to your benefit in any way. A lot of criminals, most violent thug-type criminals, are selfish in a way that just doesn't register for civilized folks.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:02 am 

Then you listen to the mother of one of the thugs.. Out comes the he's a good boy that just made a bad decision, blah, blah, blah... Parents like that are part of the problem, they are either STUPID or just as disfunctional as their spawn! Give them both 30 years of being Bubba's bitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:31 am 
Longtime Regular

They were broke?

Evidently they haven't been told that there is a place where you can go to get money. That place is called "a job".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
who was hiding underneath a car inside the victim's garage.

Too lazy to work and too lazy to run.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 am 

It seems that anytime Brooklyn Center or Brooklyn Park is in the news a resident is a victim or a suspect in some violent crime. I live in one of the Brooklyns and am sad to see this happen to what were fairly solid suburbs to be in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:12 am 
Longtime Regular

Frickin Goblins...

More from the Strib:
Quote:
A few days before Christmas, Norman Arneson's Brooklyn Center home was burglarized for the first time in his 54 years there.

The 81-year-old installed motion detector lights and boarded up the opening in the garage where the thieves had gotten in. But none of the simple precautions could have helped him Sunday, when two teenage boys knocked on his door, pushed him down and beat him while they looked for items to steal, his family said.

He took the most common advice given by the police

Quote:
There was one thing that Arneson did that may have saved his life -- visiting with neighbors often and reminding them to watch out for one another.

On Sunday, a watchful neighbor peering out a window noticed two teens force their way into Arneson's home in the 5700 block of Northport Drive.

Very good move

Quote:
The neighbor called 911, and police arrived quickly enough to find the two suspects, one just outside the house and the other hiding under a car in the garage, investigators said.

From what I know, the B.C. police are usually very fast responders. But even they aren't fast enough.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

Stories like this really piss me off. No punishment is too severe for these vermin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:41 pm 
On time out

like I said. I hope that dog had a long time to chew on the perp before the handler retrieved him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:27 pm 
Journeyman Member

I'm wondering how long my neighborhood will be safe with the ever increasing "affordable" housing moving in.

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Rotary12 wrote:
I'm wondering how long my neighborhood will be safe with the ever increasing "affordable" housing moving in.

The perimeter has already passed Rosemount. The "curb feeler, 22" wheel rim" crowd is already panhandling for "change" in front of the Best Steak House in Farmington. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 pm 
Journeyman Member

Well, I have a city cop across the streat and I have personel protection and it's not a condom! :lol:

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.