Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Dakota Co. taking longer than 30 days 
 Post subject: Dakota Co. taking longer than 30 days
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

My renewed permit was due back to me yesterday. I went home at lunch to see if it was in the mail and it was not so I headed off to the sheriff’s office to pick it up. The lady behind the counter said they had been having trouble getting the correct date to print for days and they were suppose to try again after lunch. I said “yea, but I am here now, can you try it?” No she could not because the sheriff had to sign it and of course he was nowhere to be found. I politely pointed out two things to her. First I told her that my permit should have been issued 28 days ago not at the last minute of the last day as far as I was concerned. Waiting until the last minute then having software problems was unacceptable. Second it would have been nice to have received a phone call saying my permit was approved but you were having technical difficulties. That would have saved me a trip and gas for nothing and I would tend to be a lot more sympathetic to your problems. Her response was an apology.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Your permit has been deemed issued by law, as they have not sent you a denial. Their computer problems are...well, their computer problems.

I would have asked for a business card of someone for a police officer to call should you get stopped and hassled for an expired permit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Your permit has been deemed issued by law, as they have not sent you a denial. Their computer problems are...well, their computer problems.

I would have asked for a business card of someone for a police officer to call should you get stopped and hassled for an expired permit.

I have a good 2 months to go before my current permit expires and they promised me they would resolve their problem soon so I am not particularly worried about that. If it lasts longer I will definitely get something in writing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:18 pm 

That's interesting that they said they couldn't issue it because the sheriff had to sign it.

I just looked at mine and there is a blank that says "Issuing Sheriff" and it just has his name typed in it. They don't actually sign them in Hennepin County - not even a fake printed signature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:51 pm 

My Brother in law has a FL resident permit that is signed by "Charles Bronson" :roll: I can't remember what his title is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

J. R. wrote:
My Brother in law has a FL resident permit that is signed by "Charles Bronson" :roll: I can't remember what his title is.

Probably Chief of the Agriculture Dept.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:09 pm 
1911 tainted

hypertech wrote:
That's interesting that they said they couldn't issue it because the sheriff had to sign it.

I just looked at mine and there is a blank that says "Issuing Sheriff" and it just has his name typed in it. They don't actually sign them in Hennepin County - not even a fake printed signature.

I think that interesting too.

I was told that there was a problem with the state and that is why it took 21 days to get mine from Blue Earth County. I applied for renewal on March 31 and got it on the 21st of April. What seems strange is that students of mine applied after me in April and got theirs more than a week before me. The only difference is that those were new applications and mine was renewal.

So how can a renewal have problems?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
J. R. wrote:

Probably Chief of the Agriculture Dept.

I'll be darned, I thought you were joking for a second there, but no:

[url=http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html]Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Licensing
Charles H. Bronson, Commissioner[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:49 pm 

What was the Charles Bronson movie series?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Death Wish.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:57 pm 
1911 tainted

:oops:

Last edited by cobb on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:30 pm 
Journeyman Member

A friend of mine just got his permit from Dakota County. This was an new permit, not a renewal, he got it exactly 30 days from the date he applied.

On a side note he showed me the permit and it is a laminated paper card.
My permit from Washington County it a hard plastic card like a drivers license. I would have thought they were all the same.

Member-North American Hunting Club
Veteran - US Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:36 pm 
1911 tainted

My first permit to carry card from Blue Earth County was a laminated paper. My renewal is a hard plastic card with colorful print on it, very similar to the New Hampshire permit.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:44 pm 

hypertech wrote:

Same thing with Olmsted County permits...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:57 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

It's up to the sheriff what kind of card they want to issue. Some of the sheriffs said that the plastic card machines were too expensive.

When I had a LEO encounter, the officer didn't recognize my plastic permit card. I don't remember the county, but it was a rural one. He said "He has some sort of permit" over the radio.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.