Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Food Donation Challenge 
 Post subject: Food Donation Challenge
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

I try to avoid cross posting on the forums, however, this is for a good cause. :) And it arose out of a "less-than-friendly" thread on the other site. If it's a problem, feel free to delete this.

http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3415

Short version: We're collecting food for the hungry, competitively. If you're interested, great. If you're not, that's fine, too.

gunshop guy wrote:
Coming out of a very well commented on posting, we have decided to have a friendly donation challenge. PrinceWally will lead one team and I will lead the other. Here is how it will work. Select which team you want to be on and then donate to your hearst content. All food donations should be non-perishable (boxed or canned food). The challenge will start today and run through the last day of June. Wally and I wil periodically update you on how much we have collected. The winning team will select where the food is donated to. So, basically there is no loser in this. You can donate as many time as you want. If you do not live close enough to the cities but still want to participate, PM me and I'll give you an address to send a check. I will purchase food for you and mail you a reciept, the food will be donated to the team of your choice.

That said, let the donations begin.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 pm 
The Man

Well, yeah, it did.

I was offered the, err, opportunity to make it a forum to Forum competition, but said no. I ask folks here for a lot of activism, on issues around self-defense rights, and I think it's an imposition to ask for money around helping the hobby site do something virtuous.

So I'm not, and I thank princewally for putting it just the way he did.

That said, I am contributing. And having a very good day; hope you all are, too.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.